Is this odd or normal?

Moderator: Mods

jen5239
Community Greeter

Is this odd or normal?

Post by jen5239 »

Hello,
Each morning when I get my babies up I have noticed that Remmi is sleeping while hanging onto the bars of the cage. He's not sleeping sitting on a perch. Is this odd or normal?? I find it quite odd but I didn't know if anyone else out there has an irn that does this.
DarinA

Post by DarinA »

Hi Jen. Thanks is the way that Jade has slept since we got him. I put a post on here a few months ago asking the same thing. Everyone seems to think that it is normal as long as it is his way. Jade hangs in the front upper corner when he sleeps.
jen5239
Community Greeter

Post by jen5239 »

Darin!!!
So good to hear from you! How is Jade doing? Strange that he sleeps the same way Remmi does. I've been meaning to post this question before and kept forgetting to do so. Then today I remembered. Siblings. How cute is that. Has Jade acted like he's going to talk or anything? Remmi gets going and sometimes I think I hear something, but not too sure. So how old do you think they are now? Close to 6 months? She never did call me back and give me his birthday. Remmi is still flighty when you hold him. Is Jade? Like he's still not really sure what you're going to do with him. He's hanging out here with me now. I just love him. Byndi is doing good. Still a punk, but... I love him anyway. Did you get your son a conure for Christmas? Well better shut up. Take care.

Jen
darkcloudchild

Post by darkcloudchild »

Usually one of my birds ends up sleeping on the side of the cage above one of their water dishes if I don't have at least 2 perches very high up for them to sleep on. One usually takes the swing, and the other the high perch, or along those lines.
Rena
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

Hmmm my tiel used to do that same thing Jen but Prinny has a special perch she designiated her sleeping perch. She only sits on it at night. She has an eating perch...a sleeping perch... and a whole bunch that hardly get used...spoiled little thing!

Dani and Prinny
Mazziemom

Post by Mazziemom »

Buddy did that when he was young, until I found the right placement for his sleeping perch. He wants it so high up, I was sure that he'd hate it there, but he loves it. He's slightly bent over, but thats where he sleeps.

Mazzie sleeps on a toy... go figure. She's not one to destroy them, but she likes to nap on them.

Athena
spinnergirl

Post by spinnergirl »

Mazzie sleeps on a toy....very funny!!

My Besso like the highest perch also :)
Kristy and her Crew
jen5239
Community Greeter

Post by jen5239 »

Remmi has about five perches and a swing in his cage now. Maybe I'll put another in and put as high up as I think he could handle and see if he'll sleep there. It's just so strange to lift the cover and see this little bird clinging to the bars and sleeping. Very strange to me. But my tiel moves all over when he sleeps. Some morings I find him on his water bottle. Some mornings on the highest perch in his cage and some mornings on his ladder. Silly little bird!
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Baby must lack balance, she always sleeps with one foot tucked all puffed up. Loooks soooo cute!
~ Mikaela Sky

selma

selma

Post by selma »

Mikaela Bibou sleeps with her foot tucked in as well. I think they all sleep like that don't they. I read somewhere that it's a sign they're healthy.
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

Yep normal for birds to tuck one foot and both Kai and Jordan do.
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

jen5239
Community Greeter

Post by jen5239 »

Shoot when I'm holding Remmi in my lap or on my hand he'll sometimes tuck one foot up. It's so cute cuz he'll start to look really sleepy and his little eyes will close and then open. He's just so dang cute!