Help needed with 17 month old IRN (long) Sorry

Moderator: Mods

DonnaLee

Help needed with 17 month old IRN (long) Sorry

Post by DonnaLee »

Hi I am beside my self with my bird TY he (was told he was male) seems to be regressing instead of improving in behavior. I took him in Feb of 2010 at that point the person I got him from said he was around 7 months old. He rescued Ty then offered him for sale because he didn't have the time to spend with him knowing he could become a handful.
So my problem is that he was working on being sweet when I got him.... I work with him everyday the only time I could handle him was when he flew and would basically drop to the floor or table because his wings were clipped
so I would pick him up and love him to death for 5 to 10 min then put him on the cage and he would clean himself for a hour as if I soiled him (lol).He would never go on my finger and still doesn't I've tried everything. He loves to play I use his swing to take him around and place him where we are to play he will gladly jump on my shoulder and hitch a ride or ride on the front of my shirt anywhere He bites hard when he does he go's back in the cage with a stern no.

Today while out playing he learned to fly from spot to spot a controled landing
is not a problem now for him before he always went right back to the top of his cage.
While he was on the front of my shirt I decide to try to hold him he wouldn't stand for it he tried to get out of my hands like I was killing him (which I wasn't) hes never done this before everytime I had a hold of him from picking him up or off things he cuddled himself on my chest while I talked to him and kissed him he seemed to love it.
I just placed him back in the cage but he wanted back out and crawled back onto my shirt I just sat down with him and continued to play. Then he decide to play lets see how hard I can bite the back of my hand I said NO so he tried again in the same spot but lightly so I let him he was nibbling lightly I was thinking I was making a break through he was lightening up on his bite when I noticed he was nibbling the blood he drew from the back of my hand I COULD NOT BELIEVE THIS so he went in his cage immediately.
Is this normal ? It kind of freaked me out I love this bird so much hes got such
a great personality (I thought he did anyway) He talks up a storm! He wants for nothing he is even in the middle of our kitchen because thats mostly where we always are I have 4 other birds and they are in the bird room. I chose to keep him here so hes amoung all the activity in the house.I don't know what else to do his ring around his neck looks like its developing to confirm hes a male. Can this be bluffing ? Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong?
I need help I have been working non stop with him since feb there should have been improvement. Thanks so much for listening it helps just to get it out and share it with someone. :)

Few pictures of Ty
DonnaLee

Re: Help needed with 17 month old IRN (long) Sorry

Post by DonnaLee »

Sorry pictures are way to big when I resize I will post TY
DonnaLee

Re: Help needed with 17 month old IRN (long) Sorry

Post by DonnaLee »

Heres one pic for now till I resize the others this is 2 months ago hard to see the ring around his neck.