Need some help please!

Moderator: Mods

fladder

Need some help please!

Post by fladder »

I got a new IRN on Wednesday and he is gorgeous. He was scared of me the first day, which I understood, but then on yesterday he got on my hand after walking around on the floor and wouldn't get off when I wanted to close him for the night. He was very comfortable and happy.
This morning when I opened him up he was back to the way he was on that first day. He gets out of the cage but has no interest in coming to me. He calls to me and gives me a little show every time I look at him, but nothing else. I'm very sad.
Is this normal, and what do you recommend I do?

Please help:
Anri
fladder

Re: Need some help please!

Post by fladder »

We've passed the 2 week marker, yay! My baby seems to love cuddling and will sit on my hand for ages while he give him tons of kisses. He still doesn't like the idea of getting on my hand, but doesn't mind me picking him with both hands. He just sits there until I put him on my shoulder, he then quickly runs down to my hand for his kisses :D Sooo adorable!
He's still very nasty when I get my hand near his cage, but were getting there, any ideas what I can do to teach him to stop biting me?
I've also started training him now, he's doing so well!