should i rehome my bird?please give me some advice!

Moderator: Mods

louise2817

should i rehome my bird?please give me some advice!

Post by louise2817 »

i have had my ringneck for about 7 months, he is 2 years old and is not tame at all. im assuming he wasnt hand raised and is fearful whenever i approach the cage and if i try to touch him he bites. i work all day and am home in the evenings, but he just hasnt bonded with me at all. i try and let him out of the cage when i can, but i have to chase him and use a towel to get him to return to his cage. someone has been in touch with me wanting to have my bird as he has other birds and an aviary, and is also planning to get him a mate so they can breed. i dont know what to do, i think maybe the bird would be happier with his own kind as he is not tame he must be lonely and bored? what should i do?
Rastus11

Re: should i rehome my bird?please give me some advice!

Post by Rastus11 »

I have a bird named Rastus and he is 11 years old but he is originally my brothers bird but i have lived with him pretty much the entire time of my brother having him, recently my brother moved away but i too cannot handle him they way i would like too i have had him living with me for a year now but we are finally connecting, i think if you give him a little more time to adjust to you will become friends, i dont think rehoming your irn would be good for his wellbeing. Being moved home to home takes a toll on birds and can cause molting and feather plucker which isnt good, just continue to give love and affection and you will see results just be patient hopefully this has helped you :)