Help

Moderator: Mods

thirdy

Help

Post by thirdy »

Hi. . .
are there something wrong with my irn because all my pairs males and the females are chicky with each other. I read once that it is just females that are like that until breeding season. Is there something wrong? I'm a beginner thanks
dog_glenn123

Re: Help

Post by dog_glenn123 »

What season is it there?
Are there nest boxs in the aviary's
How did you intoduce the pairs together, males into females cages and did you just put them together?

Ta Glenn
thirdy

Post by thirdy »

hi there. . .
Yes there nest boxes are in the aviary's because it is almost breeding season. I have 4 pairs irn -fist pair: 1 rainbow pair -the female are ready to breed this season the male also but he will get his ring next year January. this pair is together in one aviary for 2years it is the male that are Chicky and i bought them together in one aviary.Second pair: at this pair the female are the Chicky one. I bought then 2 months ago. i don't know how long they where together. Third and fourth pair: NOW -the blue male and a sky-blue violet female bred last year but the chicks where all blue. So l got a new white female and yellow male. I put the yellow male with the sky-blue violet female because a breeder told me that i could get white chicks. And i put the blue male with the white female.But the blue male are Chicky with the female i gave him. The sky-blue female is Chicky with the yellow male. And YES I just put then together and not introduce then.
thanks. . . :D :D
:D :D
dog_glenn123

Post by dog_glenn123 »

Hi there,

the way to introduce pairs if they are new to each other or they are a previous pair but in a new cage or the cage is in a new location is as follows.

No nest boxes (even if it is breeding season) put the males in the aviary they are to breed in and have then female in a cage next to the aviary for two weeks, then put her in, then two weeks after that put the nest boxes in the cage.

This will help them bond and not to fight for territory which is what your birds are doing.

The pairs that are fighting you may need to do the following process before they breed.

Also start this at the beginning of the season not too early.

Now to the colours, show me a picture of your sky blue violet (this bird should look lavender other wise it just sky blue).
Now pairing that lutino male to this hen will produce green babies, unless the male is carrying the blue gene then you will get albino hens but that is only a 25% chance.

Thanks Glenn
thirdy

Post by thirdy »

Okay . . .
thirdy

Post by thirdy »

That female has a white head and a sky blue body and the male is yellow what color will the babys be? Last year i bred her with a blue male and all the chicks where blue.
dog_glenn123

Post by dog_glenn123 »

As long as the male doesnt carry the blue gene this is what you will get.

1.0 ino
x 0.1 blue pallid
% from all 1.0
100.0% 1.0 pallidIno /blue
% from all 0.1
100.0% 0.1 ino /blue

Your hen is a pallid(lacewing)

Thanks Glenn

PS if it does carry the blue gene this is what you will get.
1.0 ino /blue
x 0.1 blue pallid
% from all 1.0
50.0% 1.0 blue pallidIno
50.0% 1.0 pallidIno /blue
% from all 0.1
50.0% 0.1 blue ino
50.0% 0.1 ino /blue
thirdy

Post by thirdy »

Thanks glenn i also thought it was a lacewing