Ahhh Florida... Definately for the birds...

Moderator: Mods

Mikaela

Ahhh Florida... Definately for the birds...

Post by Mikaela »

Hey Yall, its me... Baby:

'This is how Chief and I spend our afternoons so we can sing as loudly as we want and it not bother Daddy when he first gets home'.

'My brother Chief and I chat and sing so happily as we watch the other wild life down at the waterway behind our house. Mommie must make sure the lania door is locked so no predators can get to us'.

'This is my tower but I allow Chief to play on it too. He is scared to go as high as I go but I'll try to talk him into it'.

'C'mon Chief, the view is awesome up here'.

'Uhm, No Sis... thats Ok. I'll stay down here where Im safe, besides I need a nap. It is very high up there.'

'Dont be such a wuss. Youre missing all of the animals and pretty water'

'Momma, will you make him come up here... nothing to be afraid of.'

'See bro, nothing to be afraid of... just a nice cool breeze, a lovely waterway to look at and warm sunshine on our tail feathers.'

'You really need to learn to relax man'. Look at that view!

'I know Baby but I dont like to live on the wild side like you, youre a maniac... I mean, look how high up we are and you love it.'

'I know little bro but hey, we got it good man and ya better appreciate it and be glad we have the bestest Mommie in da world.'

'I know I couldnt be happier'!

'Hope ya'll enjoyed seeing how we spend our afternoons. We love ya'll as much as Mommie does and then some'!

Love,

Chief and Baby
~ Mikaela Sky

Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

wow those are some gorgeous photos of your babies...though nothing of Boo? What happened to her?

Dani and Prinny
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Boo is a basket case, always has been, bless her heart. Ol' Timers to the board know her story.

She gets real nervous if not in her cage or on me. She was adopted and never mentally stable, which is why she was put up I would imagine.

She is happiest left alone in her cage playing or me holding her. She doesnt enjoy being on a stand. In fact, she'll flee and retreat back to her cage. I respect her wants but hope with time she will get better. At least I broke her from screaming (which is why she was put up for adoption anyway).

Sadly, she is decoration. Her cage is in my bedroom because being in the main part of the house is too much for her. I love her, kiss her, feed her and spend alone time with her but she isnt really part of the family, by her own choice. Though I try to involve her when her nerves permits.

To take her out and try to interact with her and her brother and sister would put her into a pure hissy, she would be scared to death. A simple flash from a camera sends her into the 'car alarm fit'. Cant do that to her for the sake of a cute pic... dont have it in me.

I dont know what happened to her and I obviously never will but I took her own and I'll keep her on until God calls her home. I try with all my might each day to assure her... Now, everything is and always will be alright. I too was abused. Words like that mean nothing... only time convinces us.

So, please dont think I leave her out because I dont love her. To the contray, I leave her out because she doesnt want to be included. :cry:

I have 30 more yrs to convince her I love her and she will be taken care of. I pray within those years she becomes as healthy and happy as Baby & Chief.
~ Mikaela Sky

Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

Awww! Poor girl. No I understand completely but I was just wondering where she was! I take it she doesn't like the camera...?

Dani and Prinny
jen5239
Community Greeter

Post by jen5239 »

Mikaela,
Those pictures are great. I LOVE the last one of Baby! She's a gorgeous girl! What a sweetie. Her eyes don't look as dark as they used to. Or is that just me? How fun for them to be able to hang out there. I can't wait til spring so I can take my babies outside. But we've got a long way to go before then. It's a whopping 9 degrees outside right now. Brrr... Great pics. Thanks for sharing.

Hugs,
Jen
Datsun and Family

Post by Datsun and Family »

Beautiful pics Mikaela! I love the look in Babys eyes, just like Datsun!

Chief is really happy too, you can see it.

May we have some pics of Boo anyway? Its so sad she doesnt want to play with the other two. Maybe she will come around in time. I know you still love her just the same.
-Chamon-

kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

fantastic pics Mik keep up the good work darling :D
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Thanks!

Be HONEST... I got a new cam for my b-day and those pics were taken with the new cam. Do you see any real difference is quality? I am soooo cheap. I will box that thing up and stick with my old camera, if not.

I swear I feel like a proud mommie of a real baby when yall love her so.

She is a sweet girl. Her and Datsun are so much alike in their looks and personality. I WISH SO BADLY they could meet so we could watch how they would interact.

That last pic... I said 'stand up tall Baby and look so happy' then BAM perfect shot. I know she had no clue what I was saying but it was still cool.

I am still a mimicing believer, though Chamon is convining me otherwise. Then, when I told her to stand up real tall and look happy... SHE DID. ACK! I did it too so she was mocking me but still, sorta makes me rethink the mimicing... but only a little. :wink:

Again... WHY IS BABY SO DARK?

I wish someone would analyze her well and make a determination as to what mutation she is. She is exactly like Dats but DARK green, so dark it shimmers. Yellow under-coating like a normal green, but I know in my heart she isnt. If she were, she would look at least like someones green. She is every bit as dark as an emerald stone. I reckon she is a 'Dark Green'... that is the only way I can explain it.

I need to research mutations more. Never plan to breed so wasnt the first topic I chose. Bet you can think of what my first topic was... 'why is this bitch bitting chunks out of me when I am trying to love her?' :roll: That was easy enough for ya'll to answer.... Welcome to the board -giggle-

Oh yeah Chamon... thanks for the carols. You have a lovely voice buy the way, however since watching your clip I cant get 'its beginning to look alot like Christmas' out of my head grrrr. SCROOGE I AM!
~ Mikaela Sky

kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

Any difference ???are you kidding me ?? if you send that camera back u'r mad , the pics are the best i have ever seen ya post. I hope it takes just as good video too :wink: hint hint !
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

It takes awesome video and unlike my other camera it can record for an hr. My other cam would only do 1 minute clips. That SUCKED.

Did you see the video I posted of Baby kicking Chief from his cage? It was dark because I didnt want to wake the kids but yes, the video is great on this cam... hadnt given that much thought.

That alone make this cam better than my old one. Thanks Kyria... was having buyers remorse.
~ Mikaela Sky

jen5239
Community Greeter

Post by jen5239 »

Mikaela,
Is it me or the picture, but after looking at that last one it looks like Baby has some blue on her wings. That could just be me. She's such a pretty girl. I really think her eyes don't look so dark anymore. She's a doll.

Thanks,
Jen
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

That is what I am perplexed about... Baby is way darker than anyone elses IRN, according to pics I have seen. And, she doesnt even show in pics as dark as she is.

The blue look you see is SUPER DARK emerald color and the rest of her is DARK emerald.

Lets compare her to Datsun because they look so much alike, if thats OK with Chamon.

See how Datsun looks very soft green? Baby only looks like that on her chest and underneath and even then WAY darker.

With all the mutating going on, I cant explain it. I reckon I am going to have to accept she is a 'dark green' so people understand why she is SO dark. That is an actual mutation, according to a link Neo gave me.

IF! I could get my flash down I could get a true pic of her color. I am painting today so when Im done I'll mess with my cam more.

I want to get to the bottom of this too. I want to know.

She pins a tiny bit now... she has beautiful blue eyes, unless pissed, then they are more grey. They all have blue eyes?
~ Mikaela Sky

Neokireina

Post by Neokireina »

I know you boo doest like photos but if you could get a photo of them together that would be really helpful.
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

K!

Maybe if I put Baby in her cage (or at least on it) I can get them together.

Boo looks exactly like Datsun, as Baby does but much darker. She is a half-breed, bless her heart. :lol:
~ Mikaela Sky

Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

Awww Mikaela she is the prettiest green I've ever seen...I just love your Baby's color. So vibrant...who cares where it came from :lol:

Dani and Prinny
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

See in that one pic where she is turned around... Jen is right, she shimmers blue. I took her out today and turned her in several directions and there is some blue there but only a shimmer. VERY hard to explain. But it isnt on her wings, more on her back and head.

Here tail has many blue feathers but thats common.
~ Mikaela Sky

spinnergirl

:)

Post by spinnergirl »

I loved your afternoon in pictures idea :)

My IRN really doesn't like my tiel at all but tolerates my peach front conure...tolerates being the key word. LOL

Wonderful pics and what pretty parrots you have :)
Kristy and her Crew