Very Quiet IRN

Moderator: Mods

james12345

Very Quiet IRN

Post by james12345 »

Hi All,

I have just got my IRN, male blue, silly hand tame. He is just over 3 month old and unusually quiet. I have had him for about a week now and not heard even one little parp.

I had a cockatiel before and she used to sing every morning but my little ring neck is very silent.

At what age do they start chirping?

Thanks.
imdnt

Re: Very Quiet IRN

Post by imdnt »

Welcome to the forums james12345!!

Depends on the bird.

Tango only started at 8 months of age as he's always been a shy one and he's now 10 months old.

Bravo has been chirping since he was 7wks old ... He's now 6months old and we've had him since he was 7wks old.

Alpha hasn't chirped too much but is starting to chirp more. He's 6 months old and had him since he was 5 months.

Since you've had him for a week, your IRN is still just getting used to the new environment. As you can see above, each IRN has their own personality :)
james12345

Post by james12345 »

Thanks imdnt.

I just got a little worried :)
imdnt

Post by imdnt »

Very understandable :wink: our vet even commented that tango is a shy one and we didn't even know birds could be shy hahaha :lol:
Ring Neck

Post by Ring Neck »

My ring neck is 3 months old and she hardly says anything, it sounded like a hello the other day, but if could of been a chirp. I had her for two weeks now.
imdnt

Post by imdnt »

Give it some time. Tango has become the loudest of the lot and at times it's annoying especially at night time where he's screaming loudly for no reason. We're starting to think he just wants more attention when he does it hehehe