Addicted to IRN's

Moderator: Mods

imdnt

Addicted to IRN's

Post by imdnt »

Hi All,

It's been 1 week and our two little guys are enjoying their foraging toys. It's really hard not to buy anything for them everytime we go to the pet store!! :D Been doing heaps of reading on this site to figure out what to get and now onto learning to cook snacks like the birdie bread. The fun never ends!!! :D

Over the weekend whilst checking out pet barn, we saw a gorgeous cage that has it's own playground attached.

So we head to our usual spot at Pet City and there it was. Granted it was designed for larger parrots, we checked with the sales staff if it could be used for IRN's and they said no problem.

After some lightening my wallet, our 2 IRN's now have an upgraded cage!

Here's a comparison:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/58811496@N07/5461254658/

The brand new cage
http://www.flickr.com/photos/58811496@N07/5460649793/

Kitty litter at the bottom and in the play area and there's ample room for flying and walking/climbing.

Now to play with Bravo who's playing hide and seek under my singlet.

Cheers,
Adrian
ellieelectrons

Re: Addicted to IRN's

Post by ellieelectrons »

Looks like your guys are living in the Taj Mahal now! Nice purchase!

Ellie.
imdnt

Re: Addicted to IRN's

Post by imdnt »

What I'm loving about this new cage is that there's heaps more freedom to configure it with toys & foraging goods whilst maximizing flying space. Now it's an easier argument to get more IRN's once breeding season starts again hehehe :lol: Wife is starting to give in too ... yessss!! :D

A workmate suggested we should use the old cage for outdoor use so on weekends they can enjoy the sights and sounds of the real world. Not a bad idea.