Colour question

Moderator: Mods

Frenzy

Colour question

Post by Frenzy »

Hi all, am new here. I have 2 ringnecks that we bought from the markets, they are about 18 months old now. One is blue but not sure what colour the other one is, so was wondering if someone could help me out??. He/she (my guess is it's a she) is white with yellow/grey and olive green wings and a yellow patch on the back of the head.

madas

Re: Colour question

Post by madas »

I think the bird is an pallid turquoise grey or pallid dom. edged turquoise grey.

greetings.
Recio

Post by Recio »

Hi;

May be a pallid turquoise golden olive (pallid-turquoise-grey-green-cinnamon). Which were its parents?

Recio
Frenzy

Post by Frenzy »

Thanks guys. Unfortunately I have no idea what the parents are. The guy that bred them has all different coloured breeding birds mixed in together in a huge avery, so the parents could be anything.

The grey/brown colour on the flight feathers and tail is getting darker and more prominent with age. The yellow on the wings has gotten more motley as he/she has grown.
dog_glenn123

Post by dog_glenn123 »

Hey guys im going with turquiose grey blue pallid cinnimon.

Ta Glenn
Recio

Post by Recio »

Hi;

I agree with Dog glenn. What I wrote above has not any sense (it is not possible to display a phenotype turquoise-grey-green).

Recio
dog_glenn123

Post by dog_glenn123 »

Recio wrote:Hi;

I agree with Dog glenn. What I wrote above has not any sense (it is not possible to display a phenotype turquoise-grey-green).

Recio

Hey Recio i must admit i had a giggle when i saw what you wrote.

Lets blame that on alchole :mrgreen:

Ta Glenn
Frenzy

Post by Frenzy »

Thanks guys. I don't have a clue about colours. People have been asking me what colour it is and I've been telling them it's white with yellow & grey/brown patches lol :roll:

I've just been looking at ringneck colour sites on the net, trying to educate myself and I think you might be on the money Glenn. Now to just wait and see what sex they turn out to be.