my irn is confused!

Moderator: Mods

Zeenat

my irn is confused!

Post by Zeenat »

hello,
my irn is really confused.
its behaviours are often unxplainable.In my house it is the closest to me.mostly bites if anyone tries to take it off of me.it runs to me,climbs on me,and follows me around my house wherever i go.(i leave it open to roam free.)
i dont understand that eventhough it SEEMS that it loves me so much,it has an urge to bite me if i pet it.=S it wont let me touch it with my FINGERS.it lets me kiss her or pet her with my face n the side of my palm but NEVER my hands.it goes after my hands to bite them.even if im giving it food sometimes.please help me clear both of ours confusion.i dnt no what to do.
Also,how do i get rid of its biting habits?=S
it bites really hard n it hurts n i try to stand it but smetyms its unbearable.=/
SkyesMom

Re: my irn is confused!

Post by SkyesMom »

I hear ya. Skye does the same thing to me. S/he does the same thing to me. I cannot touch with the hand, but kisses? Cuddling cheek to cheek? Sure. That's okay. I will take what I can get. When she tries to bite/lunge at me, I tell her, "You don't get to bite me" and continue about what I was doing, ignoring it. I have learned, finally, how to avoid the bite and let her know it's not okay. She rarely does it anymore, when it used to be an every-time-I-approached-her thing.
Don't know if that helps. :|
Dana
mymax

Post by mymax »

Birds are scared of hands coz normally when they refuse to go back into cage we use our hands to do so....you need to assure her that u wont harm in any way...i will suggest to use hand gloves and try to do things with your hand it might try to bite first few weeks but soon will stop to do that once they will learn that biting wont make any difference in what ever you are trying to do....my new bird is same so i use food to let him no that there is no harm in my hands.....so i let him feed from my palms ....so if s/he needs food...he has to love my hands....hehehe

I hope this will help
Zeenat

Post by Zeenat »

thats a good one "my max" thanks ill try it.lets hope for better results.=)
Zeenat
SkyesMom

Post by SkyesMom »

As you can see, DJ can touch her and scruff her up.
He can pretty much do anything with her.
So it's not ALL hands. He went through a stage with her where he had to discipline her quite a bit, and now he is GOD to her. :lol:
Dana
Zeenat

Post by Zeenat »

haha awwwwwn=)
Zeenat