Please Help me ..

Moderator: Mods

mustii

Please Help me ..

Post by mustii »

Hello there ..

I have a around 2 years old Green Ringneck .. He steps up on my finger, and eats from my hand etc.
but wont let me touch him at alll... I really want to try and train him for different things if anyone got any ideas please share ..

But my main question today is not that .. its just he always bite on his toes/nails .. hes always like putting his nails in his mouth and biting on them, etc. and sometimes he attacks his own feet, like he will have one leg up and biting on his nails, then suddenly he gets a bit angry and like nip on them and makes like noises.. is that okay ? will he eventually stop it.. ?

thanks .. also does anyone tell me how i can make simple toys for him etc. and also i read the post by you elliee about foraging.. please if you have any links of more ideas or info about how to make foraging toys could you please let me know ..

thanks
Melika

Re: Please Help me ..

Post by Melika »

The toe biting is pretty normal. It seems to be something they do when stressed instead of biting you!
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay
mustii

Re: Please Help me ..

Post by mustii »

Hi there ..

Thanks for the reply... okay, but you know he pulls his toe up and then he gets angry at it, and like shout at it and 'attacks' it .. Im scared he one day will bite it off or something.. what kind of stress could make him react that way.. also can anyone give me a link to any blogs on this forum that is intensive in taming or teach tricks etc.. I want to start to bond more with him and make him really want to come to me and enjoy the time with me .. I dont want to keep asking here coz im sure people already asked before, and I might can use what other members replied to them.. of course if you guys dont mind you could always give me ideas etc :)

thanks ..