Is this a good food?

Moderator: Mods

Kash-alp

Is this a good food?

Post by Kash-alp »

Hello,

Can anyone tell me if this is a good daily food for my new IRN? And if not, if you have a second, could you please check this link http://www.petsmart.com/family/index.js ... keet&fbx=0 and let me know which one you would recommend? Pets Mart is my local pet supply shop.

EDIT: Actually.. after checking that site myself i notice that they make the exact same food specially for parakeets. Oops, i didtn see that in the store. Will the brand i got for parrots be alright?

Thanks for your help

P.S Im talking about the bird feed, not the Ruffles :p
Attachments
DSC_0036.jpg
DSC_0036.jpg (169.61 KiB) Viewed 1451 times
DSC_0035.jpg
DSC_0035.jpg (178.59 KiB) Viewed 1451 times
Kash-alp

Re: Is this a good food?

Post by Kash-alp »

anyone? The bag is still sealed so i can probably trade it in for something else if its not appropriate for Kiwi
Melika

Post by Melika »

Sorry for the delayed reply.

It's find as long as that isn't his only food. ^_~

I would pick out the sunflower seeds and use them as a treat. Or next time get a blend that substitutes safflower seeds for the sunflower.
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay
PythonzEve

Post by PythonzEve »

I prefer pellets for Sukha's main diet personally as I know they are pretty well balanced with everything needed and completely consumable, which means less mess. I use Kaytee pellets, then I put organic pellets (more expensive), seed/fruit treat balls, seed mixes and dried fruit mixes in foraging toys, and give nuts like raw almonds, pistachios, cashews and whatnot as treats (also in the shell you can thread them on fishing line or wire and they'll spend a good deal of time breaking into the nuts!). Fresh fruit and other things like noodles, yogurt and a little bit of whatever we're eating (as long as it's bird safe) goes into a treat cup near the cage door that I clean out every night. This way I know he's getting healthy food along with good variety and great mental stimulation :) Also a lot of small animal chewables can make some good treats/toys as well! I like to get the apple wood chews and work them into toys, or their fruit/grass treats and stuff them into a rubber foraging toy he has to pry them out of...

Good Luck, let us know how everything fares!
Jessica

If one refuses to learn and maintains a closed mind, one is thus trapped from the procession of life in their own archaic self-imprisonment. -Jessica McNeely

Because my Rice Crispies told me to! -Unknown