need help asap

Moderator: Mods

shabir

need help asap

Post by shabir »

hi my freind has a lacewing ringneck who today has just not been eating and is know in a bad state and is not moving. he/she flaps the wing every know and then but thats all. the irn is about 6 months old. is a very playfull and tame bird any help appreciated
ellieelectrons

Re: need help asap

Post by ellieelectrons »

I think you need to get the bird to an avian vet asap.

Usually IRNs will try to disguise that they are sick... so the fact that the bird is not disguising it any more is not a good sign.

The only "first aid" type thing I've read for birds is putting a heat lamp near their cage. You put it near the cage in such a way that they can huddle close to it if they want to or go to the other end of the cage if they don't want to. If you don't have a heat lamp, a heat emitting lamp will do.... just make sure the bird can get away from it if they want to.

I guess the other thing is to make sure that the bird has a selection of fruit & veges, seeds, etc. Anything that may appeal to the bird to eat... although I doubt that the selection of food is the problem.

I hope your little friend gets better soon. Fingers and toes crossed.

Ellie.
shabir

Post by shabir »

the irn unfortunately did not make it. we did want to take it to a vet but by the time we found 1 which was still open it was to late.
ellieelectrons

Post by ellieelectrons »

I'm sorry to hear that. The way you described it, it didn't sound hopeful. I'm very sorry for your loss.

Ellie.
shabir

Post by shabir »

i wasn't to hopeful either after i seen how bad his bird was but i tried to help him as much as i could as he loved the bird allot, he wasn't sure what to do as it was his first bird.