its day 25 and no babies

Moderator: Mods

RachelD

its day 25 and no babies

Post by RachelD »

i just felt the eggs and they feel cold to touch, also the male and female ave been doing the wild thing, should i wait or remove these eggs, there are 6 and im very sad
sarahb

Re: its day 25 and no babies

Post by sarahb »

Have u candled them just to make sure i would before i disposed of them though it might be doubtful theres anything i think its always worth a look just in case. Dont feel to bad my green pair laid 3 eggs that were due on the 15th of august to hatch but i went and candled them and they were all infertile ( we did move house though so i think that might of been the problem) But anyway they laid again :mrgreen: on the 7th of this month and now have three eggs again fingers crossed they will be fertile this time.

good luck
RachelD

Post by RachelD »

i have just candled them and at least 3 of the eggs have babies in them,i couldnt see if they were moving though, i will wait another few days
sarahb

Post by sarahb »

Yes good idea especially if they have baby's in them i have my fingers crossed for you
RachelD

Post by RachelD »

do they normally take 24 days? and also how long is the longest they could take
RachelD

Post by RachelD »

im pretty sure shes off the nest now, shes trying to squeze down beside the nesting box, im guessing to find somewhere else to lay
sarahb

Post by sarahb »

Well 23 days is the incubation time but im pretty sure u dont count the days till the last egg is laid or until she first starts to sit since they dont sit until the 2nd or 3rd egg hopefully someone else here with a bit more experience can tell you more