Bonding questions ?

Moderator: Mods

Dj tweet

Bonding questions ?

Post by Dj tweet »

Hi all I am
looking at getting an alexandrine but am worried about the bonding

Originally I was considering Quakers but have since red they can be over bonded to one person and become extremely aggresive to other peoplev
I was told the alex don't tend to do this as much and are more family social
this is a concern to me having 2small kids in my house

Any thought advice etc etc is very much appreciated
julie

Re: Bonding questions ?

Post by julie »

They are ok as long as everyone that can pays attention to them. If only one person is feeding them and giving treats then they get Favourites, they end up liking one person more than others. I have always got my little girl to give the birds treats and even let her give them a lolly sometimes, my husband gives feeds them and sneaks them treats too. They are very food driven and associate where the food comes from as being good.
Dj tweet

Post by Dj tweet »

Thankyou very much for your reply everyone else seems to look at the page but not bother to answer
kinda strange considering it's a parrot forum would have thought mite people would have advice or opinions
I know I'm asking about alex's in the irn page but no one answered in the Alex section and them and ringnecks are almost the same

Anyways once again thanks
shabir

Post by shabir »

they are great birds. i have an alex and a irn and both are very friendly. we have a 2 yr old running around who they love as he always feeds them seeds, as soon as they see him they try and get as close as they can in or out the cage. only thing with the alex is he loves to chew everything. 1 of my kitchen doors has marks all the way down 1 side as do the tops of the cupboards.