will pet's breed?

Moderator: Mods

sarahb

will pet's breed?

Post by sarahb »

I wanted to know weather pet birds will breed ? Ive read a few different things some say yes some say no. The bird im referring to i have owned for about 2yrs now she has lived inside all her life and without any other birds up till recently i now have 5 i brought her a mate a 2 and a half year old lutino he is an aviary bird. I have them in together however when ever he tries to go near her she runs away from him is there any point trying or is it simple that a pet wont breed? any info is appreciated thanks
pinkdevil

Re: will pet's breed?

Post by pinkdevil »

I have a pet bird that is housed in the aviary. She bred last year but eggs were duds, her first time.
Other members have pet indoor birds who have bred. :)
sarahb

Post by sarahb »

Thanks for the reply well fingers crossed then she might breed for me guess i will soon see :mrgreen:
ringneck
Site Admin

Post by ringneck »

I have had little luck once they have been hand fed. In fact, i have two pairs--both hand fed and they never get it right :lol: :lol: ! I love them to death and i could not give them up. I have had one pair for almost 4 years and the other almost 6. As pink pinkdevil said--all the eggs turned out to be duds.

Hope you have better luck! :)

Best Wishes,

IMRAN-C