YAY!

Moderator: Mods

SleepyGargoyle

YAY!

Post by SleepyGargoyle »

I got a 4 year old hand raised but wild again turquoise ringneck this past Saturday. He has been sitting on the same perch in the same spot since then. Quiet as can be. Eating good but only if I hang fruits and veggies by butcher string next to his perch. Yesterday he started taking food from my hand which was nice but I was still concerned about him being so quite and still.

Well right now as I type this Hurley Bird is chattering away making happy bird sounds and beak grinding! YAY! He is also calling to my other ringneck(who is in another room until Hurley Bird gets a clean bill of health)more and more often. Oh and he is tilting his head when ever I talk to him. For being alone in a flight cage for 3.5 years he sure is coming around fast. So again I say YAY! YAY!
pinkdevil

Re: YAY!

Post by pinkdevil »

Cool :)

Sounds like he is starting to relax a little and settle in.
SleepyGargoyle

Post by SleepyGargoyle »

Seems like it. He did not freak out today when I put my hand in the cage. He also is now taking food from my hand when it is in the cage. A few minutes ago I got some head bobbing. This is going to well... I just hope it does not all fall a part.

Side note: I think this is the last parrot I ever get from a place that has free range turkeys. He has been doing turkey calls all day lol.
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

hahaha @ turkey calls. Maybe he thinks that is the way to mimic some people. :P :lol: :wink: