To Small, To Big?

Moderator: Mods

Jasmineandme

To Small, To Big?

Post by Jasmineandme »

Yes im sure there are a MILLION questions about IRN cage sizes.
For me, the larger the better! :) Anyways, the person i will be purchasing 'Mork' ( i will change his name, ) from has some cages that i can purchase off her.
Here is what she said.
[quote]I have a white cage....19"x19"-28" high, with white stand...It has not been used very much, I paid $189.00 for it, but will sell for $70.00 firm....the other cage I have will be too expensive as it is a parrot cage...I have a female ringneck which is an off spring of Mork in one downstairs and it really is too big for her..so I would not recommend this one....I have another cage white cage, this one is longer with a large door, it does not have a stand, it is 16"x16" -24" long.....but this one is not high enough for a Ringneck...this one is $30.00./quote]

I feel that these cages are to small? don't you think, so i had inquired about the parrot cage..
to see how big that one is, i also have a friend selling a very large (pretty much maccaw cage to see how much she would see me that one, etc.
Anyways what is to small of a cage, And do you consider that there is such thing as TOO BIG?
julie

Re: To Small, To Big?

Post by julie »

try to get one that a ringneck (baby/adult) cant get their head stuck in. The bigger the cage the better but watch out for how many doors the cage has, irns are really really good at working out how to open the doors. Indie used to hold the doors open with one foot and sort of duck under the foot holding the door up and climb out, he would then dance around the top of his cage. He used to open the cage from the outside and go visiting the others too.
Jasmineandme

Post by Jasmineandme »

LOL, that is cute.

But definitally, i always inquire about bar spacing :)
smallworld

Post by smallworld »

I live in Europe and I paid only 35euros for Echo's new home. It was 2nd hand but the previous owner was a very reliable person and his bird did not have PBFD or any other infectious diseases. Which is why i bought it.

Anyway my point being, our cage, measures 34 inches (side to side) x 22 inches (front to back) x 40 inches (from floor to roof). However these measurements dont include the height of the cage when its open on top, as well as the legs and tires. I put up some pictures in the photo section of this forum. That section would also give you an idea on what other users are using :)

It might not work as a breeding cage but i think it offers enough space for two. Its kind of hard to tell now, because Echo came to us with tail feathers broken and so we're waiting for his next moult to see his full length.

My advise would be to get something bigger than what he or she is offering you, as you might want to buy a friend later on for MORK.

Ps. Its never ever too big! If you got room for it, then get it :)
Jasmineandme

Post by Jasmineandme »

thank you, yes i am going to be purchasing him a 'mate' later on, and this is why i think regardless if he had a friend or not, that it is to small. My green cheek conure is in a much more bigger cage, in my opinion and im cage hunting for an even larger cage for my green cheek conure lol !
smallworld

Post by smallworld »

I can tell, Mork is on his way to a good home with you :)
Jasmineandme

Post by Jasmineandme »

Lol i am glad you think so :)
I care very much for my avian friends, and i certainly try to make my part very worthwhile as their 'slave' :)