RING OR NO RING?

Moderator: Mods

Elivia

RING OR NO RING?

Post by Elivia »

My indian ringneck 'Bluey' is not a year old yet and it looks as if he has started to get his ring around his neck? Its is to my understanding that they dont get their rings for a couple of years? There is a slight colouring of a dark ring around his neck. Is it just his feathers developing as he grows bigger or can they get rings this early? He is blue in colour and you can definatly see the 'coloured ring'. :?:
Shane7285

Re: RING OR NO RING?

Post by Shane7285 »

Hi

Is the ring blue or black? normally they start to develop the ring at around 1 yr to 18 months from what I have read. the ring should be fully visible by 2-3 yrs old.

if its a blue ring, thats normal and doesn't really tell you anything. Mine has the light blue ring as well, but all the babies have this.

Regards

Shane
Elivia

Re: RING OR NO RING?

Post by Elivia »

Bluey has a light blue ring and there is some light black coming through. I am hoping to get some pictures up soon to show. I did think that the light blue ring was normal for a baby but since the light black is coming through we wernt too sure. But then i do think now that maybe its just part of his 'baby' blue ring (if this makes sense)