More breeding help !

Moderator: Mods

Tanya

More breeding help !

Post by Tanya »

I have a lutino Indian Ringneck and a green ringneck. I am pretty sure the green ringneck is a boy - he is only just starting to get his ring. He and the female have been heaps more friendly with each other than usual. He has been feeding her and they seem quite affectionate I am worried that he is not mature enough to breed yet and I am not sure if I should separate them. I am also not sure if there is any other food I should be giving them. I give them seed, apples, silverbeet, millet, and egg powder, apple cider in their water, and odd bits of other fruits and greens, but I am scared that I am missing something in their diet which will hurt their babies !
Jan

Re: More breeding help !

Post by Jan »

Tanya wrote:I have a lutino Indian Ringneck and a green ringneck. I am pretty sure the green ringneck is a boy - he is only just starting to get his ring. He and the female have been heaps more friendly with each other than usual. He has been feeding her and they seem quite affectionate I am worried that he is not mature enough to breed yet and I am not sure if I should separate them. I am also not sure if there is any other food I should be giving them. I give them seed, apples, silverbeet, millet, and egg powder, apple cider in their water, and odd bits of other fruits and greens, but I am scared that I am missing something in their diet which will hurt their babies !
Hi there
It doesn't matter if his ring is fully developed or not! Male ringnecks do breed without them having the ring.
Ringnecks are sexually matured at ± 2.5 3 years old
I have a male ringneck almost 2 years old and with no ring. He is already breeding with a Lutino female.
The diet you are giving your birds NO PROBLEM!! :wink:
Chow Jan