Grey hen x Blue cock

Moderator: Mods

myshelby

Grey hen x Blue cock

Post by myshelby »

Hi ,I am looking at getting a grey and blue ringneck In the hope that I will get grey and blue babies?? will the outcomes be the same for grey hen x blue cock and grey cock x blue hen
I have tried using the gen calculator but don't know the formulars for the colours Does anyone have a list I could learn from I'm sure there are lots of us that would benefit. Even just the basics thanks
julie

Post by julie »

there is a few posts about this subject floating about. check out the search function up the top of the forum and you should come up with them.
Recio

Re: Grey hen x Blue cock

Post by Recio »

myshelby wrote:Hi ,I am looking at getting a grey and blue ringneck In the hope that I will get grey and blue babies??
Yes, it is posible
will the outcomes be the same for grey hen x blue cock and grey cock x blue hen
Yes, since no one of these mutations are sex-linked. Grey is autosomal dominant and blue is autosomal recesif.
I have tried using the gen calculator but don't know the formulars for the colours Does anyone have a list I could learn from I'm sure there are lots of us that would benefit.

Have a look to old posts, but just for your animals:
Males should be noted in the 1.0 column and females on the 0.1
For the blue animal you should push on visual blue.
Grey colour is the expression of grey in the blue series, so for grey you should push on visual blue (homozigous blue) and grey (usually single factor grey).
Yoy should get 50% of grey and blue offspring both for males and females, provided that your animals are not split to other colours and that the grey one is not a double factor grey (is this case you should get only greys).

Good luck
bec

Post by bec »

out of a a silver hen (grey cinamon) & a blue cock i got 2 silvers & one albino