sorry for a noob question

Moderator: Mods

ScarletKnight

sorry for a noob question

Post by ScarletKnight »

is it me or does my parrot got a bright read beak. hsi clutch mates is nto as bright. its liek led red i been looking at every1 else pic and only 1 of two people irn have closer or almsot as red as mine. is this normal.
1. that one hatchling has a reader beek then another.
2. what does it mean i need answers please. i would call my vet but she gets pissed because i call her when i think somethign is wrong at liek 1 in the morning ( exgf older sis) lol big msitake givng me the number lol
scarlet
***Disclaimer*** the statement above is opinion expressed soley for the purpose of providing educational and guidance to its reader. It does not by any implied meaning offend disrespect anymore. Your understanding is appreciated***
Jeremy
Genetic Advisor

Post by Jeremy »

How old is your bird?

It is not a problem, some Ringnecks have bright red beaks some have a somewhat dull coloured beak
Melika

Post by Melika »

Hane has a brighter beak right now than his sibling, Tsume. If that helps any. ^_^
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay
ScarletKnight

thanks

Post by ScarletKnight »

he is about 20 weeks ago. if that help any.
scarlet
***Disclaimer*** the statement above is opinion expressed soley for the purpose of providing educational and guidance to its reader. It does not by any implied meaning offend disrespect anymore. Your understanding is appreciated***
Jeremy
Genetic Advisor

Post by Jeremy »

Baby Ringnecks have Orange beaks, some turn red at an earlier age than others
ScarletKnight

Post by ScarletKnight »

i realize that but my question that its brother from the same clutch has lesser red beak?. how come that is possbile
Jeremy
Genetic Advisor

Post by Jeremy »

EVERY BIRD IS DIFFERENT
ScarletKnight

Post by ScarletKnight »

glad that worked out. thanks j
Carly

Post by Carly »

It is not only possible, but normal for birds from the same clutch to have slight differences. Just because they are siblings dosent mean they are twins, it is normal for them to have differences, just like people, they are all individuals.

What you have is a phenotypic difference and it could be that it is a genetic thing inherited by one chick and not the other or it could be an environmental thing caused by the differences in the way they are being cared for, its almost impossible to tell. Whatever the cause, I wouldnt worry about it.
ScarletKnight

Post by ScarletKnight »

i think i gotta learn ringneck 101 it driving me nuts not knowing basics and knowing advance stuff . i read this site front words and backwards is there anywhere else i can get basic irn all the infor i find is for sale and breedring im not intrested in breedring i want basica info the demention for cages i saw this one i feel in love with size si huge but barspacing is not right. i know is >1" but thsi one is exactly one inch. it huge though
scarlet
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Never bigger than a half an inch in bar spacing. Other than that, if the cage is big enough anything goes.

We wouldnt want a ringneck in a canary cage for example but it certainly doesnt have to be huge.
~ Mikaela Sky

ScarletKnight

Post by ScarletKnight »

the one i have is kinda big it is size of ure baby's cage but i was thinking maybe gettigna grey or a macaw size cage. i will tell u the mention later but spacing is cool the bird can go roung and round. ps on a side note i think he is pissed because i took hsi swing out and rearranged his toys he screamed at me. so do u think it is wise for me for change the cage all together.