HELP PLEASE-What to feed parents of newly hatched chicks

Moderator: Mods

PaigeLouise1

HELP PLEASE-What to feed parents of newly hatched chicks

Post by PaigeLouise1 »

Hi all,

No doubt there is scores of information about this question on this site but I have done a search and come up with pages of links that didn't really help. So to save time I thought Id just ask. what should i feed my parrots who have just hatched some chicks?

Thanks
julie

Post by julie »

Hi and welcome. go overboard with fruits and veg and if they eat seeds make sure there is always some in the aviary. I feed mine things like pawpaw/papaya , apples , cherries ect. check to make sure they have food as often as possible.
How many chicks do you have hatched, they especially need heaps more calcium enriched food when they have a few chicks.
julie

Post by julie »

Here is a thread with some really useful info http://indianringneck.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=7801
PaigeLouise1

Post by PaigeLouise1 »

Hi Julie,

Thanks very much for your reply. Im not sure how many to be honest I can just hear 'them' - there could only be one. I haven't seen the hen come out since I heard them cheeping and as soon as I go outside she would go back in anyway. Not game to lift the lid of the nest incase I scare her away from them. I will be sure to give them lots of fruit

Thanks again
julie

Post by julie »

it should be right with the hen if you have a quick look or if you have a digital camera you could lift the lid take a pic and then move away. I'm thinking it would be a good idea to have a little sticky beak to make sure everything is ok with the bubs. There is quite a few pics on this forum of hens in boxes with either eggs or with chicks .
PaigeLouise1

Post by PaigeLouise1 »

Hi I can't get in the aviary because the male has serious anger issues with me so I got my boyfriend to take a quick photo and discovered there are THREE babies! Im pretty stoked just bit nervous hope they will be ok first lot this pair have ever had. I compared them to the photos on the site you directed me to and they look like the ones that are only a few days old.
julie

Post by julie »

very good . is there any unhatched eggs in the box? if so you may get another baby soon.
PaigeLouise1

Post by PaigeLouise1 »

yeah there is one egg that hasnt hatched. If i new how to attach a photo I would. they are so ugly they are nearly cute! ha
julie

Post by julie »

pinkdevil posted a thread for how to put pics in
http://indianringneck.com/board/viewtop ... 65bc90c594