My IRN's a poop machine!

Moderator: Mods

RubyTuesday

My IRN's a poop machine!

Post by RubyTuesday »

Wow, it's been eons since I posted on here! I miss you guys! Don't think I've forgotten about you! hehe. Been so busy at work!

But getting back to Ruby, he's been pooping like crazy! This has been going on ever since we brought him home and he seems ok... but lately, I've come to realize it's getting out of hand. I find myself at the end of the day scrubbing the floors with brillo pads! LOL

About an hour ago, I put him on his swing, and already there's a nice little pile waiting for me.

Could it be what we're feeding him? We give him his basic bird seeds and millet. Recently I've been feeding him a little bottlecap full of pineapple juice in the morning which he LOVES. Other than that, nothing out of the ordinary. He seems like a happy and healthy bird. What's going on here? Or are these birds just really poopy?

oops. there he goes again. :roll:
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

It is normal for a bird to poo every 15 minutes. Is he doing it even more than that?

Does his poo look healthy? A little water and a little worm (green usually if they are getting an adequate diet)?
~ Mikaela Sky

Melika

Post by Melika »

Since they aren't very large, they poo very often. Hane seems to go whenever there is the slightest need for it, so his piles vary in size from tiny to huge. We're working on potty training, but he isn't very cooperative, lol. Hane can go every ten minutes if he wants.
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay
ScarletKnight

poop

Post by ScarletKnight »

Irn are a very active birds hence they go threw alot of feed hence a lot of poop i wouldn't worry quite yet. althought i have noticed that the more fresh fruits you give them the more you have to clean. but if the poop looks normal i won't worry. ciao
***Disclaimer*** the statement above is opinion expressed soley for the purpose of providing educational and guidance to its reader. It does not by any implied meaning offend disrespect anymore. Your understanding is appreciated***
RubyTuesday

Post by RubyTuesday »

lol, ok good. i was worried there for a second. thanks guys. guess i'll just have to invest in a lifetime supply of brillo! :lol:
ScarletKnight

okey

Post by ScarletKnight »

glad to here. any time for a persona question . is ruby tuesday named after the resturant . im serious, my nick scarletknight is from my almamater damm i sound old gray hair check yup i got a few lol.
scarlet
***Disclaimer*** the statement above is opinion expressed soley for the purpose of providing educational and guidance to its reader. It does not by any implied meaning offend disrespect anymore. Your understanding is appreciated***