help

Moderator: Mods

eshwaar

help

Post by eshwaar »

if u look at the male's wing feathers they are a dark blue, is that a mutation or is that there natural color? from what i have seen this is the first time i have seen this color on the wing feathers. i s this some sort of mutation?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPo_Bo8n ... annel_page
Last edited by eshwaar on Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
eshwaar

Post by eshwaar »

i was told by variouse breeder that this is a turquiose mutation, ive found some pics of the turquiose mutation but they look completly different then the bid in the vid. the bird in the vid is practically green all over and just the flight feathers and tail feathers are blue what am i look at here? am i seeing wrong or somthin??????can someone please help me
eshwaar

Post by eshwaar »

come on people help me out here
Recio

Re: help

Post by Recio »

eshwaar wrote:if u look at the male's wing feathers they are a dark blue, is that a mutation or is that there natural color? from what i have seen this is the first time i have seen this color on the wing feathers. i s this some sort of mutation?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPo_Bo8n ... annel_page
Hi Eshwaar

To me it looks like violet-turquoise. Check here

http://home.wanadoo.nl/psittaculaworld/ ... rameri.htm
eshwaar

Post by eshwaar »

well the flight feathers could be that color but the bird is probemenanlty green.

all i got from the person with the bird is this

turq male- split to Lutino. Visual- Turq.

whatever that means cause i dont know. i tried asking for more info on the bird but they wont tell me its like they dont want me to get a bird with that type of mutation
Recio

Post by Recio »

eshwaar wrote:well the flight feathers could be that color but the bird is probemenanlty green.

whatever that means cause i dont know. i tried asking for more info on the bird but they wont tell me its like they dont want me to get a bird with that type of mutation
The violet mutation coupled to the turquoise will increase the blue color in tail and wings. This is the most remarquable on this bird. The degree of expresion of turquoise is variable between birds. It could explain that the green areas are not the same.
Another possibility ... turquoise dark factor. Theory says that the blue of tail and wings feathers will be enhanced but I have not found any pic.
I would like to know other opinions.
By
Chriskoi

Post by Chriskoi »

Yeah. It looks like a turquoise cobalt or turquoise violet cock.

This is one of my turquoise cobalt cocks:

btw.: the turquoise can vary from 20% (blue bird with some green feathers) to 80%. (nearly green bird with some blue feather). But all
turquoise birds have no turquoise in the flight-feathers.
eshwaar

Post by eshwaar »

Recio wrote:
eshwaar wrote:well the flight feathers could be that color but the bird is probemenanlty green.

The violet mutation coupled to the turquoise will increase the blue color in tail and wings. This is the most remarquable on this bird. The degree of expresion of turquoise is variable between birds. It could explain that the green areas are not the same.
Another possibility ... turquoise dark factor. Theory says that the blue of tail and wings feathers will be enhanced but I have not found any pic.
I would like to know other opinions.
By
u know what would be nice if there was a mutation with a bird that was all green but his wing and tail feathers are a dark blue/purple