Help Need To Identify

Moderator: Mods

nick

Help Need To Identify

Post by nick »

I have a Lutino Female Indian Ringneck and a Male Green Indian Ringneck
last year during breeding I got 2 Lutino and 2 Greens. This year I got 1 Lutino, 1 normal Green and 2 very light greens. Can someone help me to let me know what the light greens are. I was told they could be Pallid just would like to know. I post some pictures so you can see the difference between the one green baby and the other.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/37307581@N02/3433506636/
sheyd

Post by sheyd »

Wow! - that is so cool!
I think I saw a light Green Mutation the other day in at a local pet shop- the colour -I could only describe as "lime/fluorescence green". Will be interesting to hear what Fah has to say :)
Mjay

Post by Mjay »

They are very cute :D
come on Fah, we are curious :lol:
MJAY
Coastal-Birds

Babies

Post by Coastal-Birds »

Well it is hard to see,but on the light green birds they seem to have darker flight feather ends.Which to me would make them cinnamon green.If they have light feet and nails unlike a true green with grey and grey to black nails.So i think your green is split to cinnamon.
Maybe if you can get some good pics of there feat that will tell us more.
Coastal-Birds

Babies

Post by Coastal-Birds »

Ok from your latest photo of the light green bird is has the pinkish legs and looks like brown nails which is cinnamon line birds.This also appears on lacewings and various other mutations.
But from what you have in the nest i would say that the green cock is split to cinnamon,so this is what babies you can have and the cinnamon green can only be hens.
Cock. Green / Cinnamon
Hen. Green Ino (Lutino)

25.000 % Green Hen

25.000 % Green / Ino Cock

25.000 % Green Cinnamon Hen

25.000 % Green / Cinnamon Ino Type 2 Cock
Coastal-Birds

Post by Coastal-Birds »

Out f that clutch I got 2 of the light greens females, 1 green male and 1 lutino female. Out of curiosity what would the lutino be now that everything has changed due to the cinnamon. I am new to the genetics it is very excited and interesting. Is there any book that you know of that is the best to learn the genetics from?

OK i misseed the yellow baby so this changes the cock to a green split ino and cinnamon.This is what you will get .

Cock := Green / Cinnamon Ino

Hen := Green Ino (Lutino)

24.250 % Green Hen

24.250 % Green Cinnamon Ino Hen(will look yellow but actually a cinnamon green)

24.250 % Green / Ino Cock

24.250 % Green Ino / Cinnamon Cock

0.750 % Green Cinnamon Hen

0.750 % Green Ino Hen(lutino)

0.750 % Green / Cinnamon Ino Type 2 Cock

0.750 % Green Ino Cock(lutino)