Agressive Female

Moderator: Mods

*mia*

Agressive Female

Post by *mia* »

Hi!

I have two IRN a female - Oliver and a Male - Kalle

Oliver have become verry agressive towards Kalle. What should I do?

She wont let him eat from some of the food dishes and chase him around the cage. When I let them out she chase him around and sometimes they figth in the air crazing down to the floor.

She has bitten him in the foot so he bleed.

I hope someone can help me whit this..

Image Oliver

Image Kalle
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Everything I have read, says that the girls are naturally the dominate ones and only submisive during breeding season.

When injury resulting in bleeding and mid air fights occur, I would think about intervening.

How long have they been together?

How large is the cage?

Maybe you could rearrange the layout of the cage by adding new perches in different positions, move food dishes, provide more food dishes, add/change toys and in general make the whole cage appear different so Oliver doesn't have her territoy marked out to defend.

Has this behaviour from Oliver towards Kalle just started?

If all else fails you may need to think about seperating them and having the cages next to each other so they can still see each other without the physical contact.

I am sure others will have more sugestions and maybe even someone else has had a similar problem. :)

Good luck with it all.
sherry

re: agressive

Post by sherry »

I have had this problem with my parakeets. What I did was get two of eveything. Two feeding bowls, two water bottles, toys etc. It did help, but if your female just wants everything, than you may try seperation. I hope this helps. :lol:
*mia*

Post by *mia* »

Hi, they are still figthing.. :(

I tried to change the whole cage and the food and not put on the ligth to soon on the mornig..

They have a large cage, two of everything so i don´t know what to do. I sweden there are a law on how big cage a parrot haft to have and a IRN must have a cage there is 160*80*x cm(l*w*h) so i can´t have two cages..

I don´t know what to do...
*mia*

Post by *mia* »

and now both of them are figthing, it isn´´t just the female that begins...
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Sometimes no matter how much you try, 2 birds just won't get along. Just like some people will never get along.
I had 2 birds like that, no way were they going to become frineds so I seperated them. :)