Silverfish in house

Moderator: Mods

Briony

Silverfish in house

Post by Briony »

hey everyone hows it going?

ive discovered i have a silver fish problem in my house and was wondering if anyone had any pet friendly ways to get rid of them?

pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

I am not sure if this works or not, but I read once where wooden Eucalyptus balls or wipe Eucalyptus oil over the shelves.

Sorry not much help. :?
xx_sheena_xx

Post by xx_sheena_xx »

whats a silverfish?
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

I have this problem too! Im sick to death of them! The other day, I was hanging out the washing and we have a little concrete path to the line. Well, I had found a nest of them under the concrete, they started crawling out through a crack, being outside, I could use bug spray safely, so I sprayed into the crack as much as I could. Dont they normally nest in the house?
I know they love clothes and things on the floor, so picking up washing off the floor helps, but they will still be around.
I know what a silverfish is, but what are the ones with the nippers on the butts? Are they silverfish too? Because Ive got them too!
If anyone knows how to get rid of them, please help us!

Also, lately, dont know whether its the summertime or theyve always been around, but Im killing alot of white tailed spiders. Eww! They are scary looking spiders! Yuck!
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

xx_sheena_xx wrote:whats a silverfish?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silverfish

UGLY!
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year