Is this a good cage for my IRN?

Moderator: Mods

kramer79

Is this a good cage for my IRN?

Post by kramer79 »

Hey all,

Kiwi has been staying in her cage for a month now and we have decided to move her to the living room so that she can be where the action is most of the time. He cage is 69x39x66 cm and we decided to get her a nicer one which is 64x64x165 cm. Is it big enough to justify changing the cage? And willl she be using the vertical portion of it or will it be wasted?

I include a picture of the new cage:

http://www.teonikeo.com/verproducto.php ... ra%20NINFA

Also, she now sleeps in a separate room where her current cage is located. The advantage is that we can put her to bed at 8pm and she wakes up with thhe rest of us at 8am. Now the problem is that if she were to stay in the living room she would be hearing us eat and watch Tv until midnight. The sun comes up at 7am now so that wouldn't be enough sleep. Is it ok for her to have her daytime cage in the living room (the big one) and the current one where it is now just to sleep? Any other alternative?

Thank you!

Andre
Janet

Cage dilemma

Post by Janet »

Hi, My two birds have quite a big cage and they live in the living area of the house.

I have lots of toys and things (including small leafy tree branches because they love to shred) at the top, middle and bottom of the cage. My guys get around their cage and play with whatever is available. They also quite like climbing across the roof of their cage and then sitting on their swing that hangs from the top of the cage. I also have a big ladder running from the bottom of the cage to the middle perch. They LOVE their ladder and will run up and down it both on top of it and underneath while they are upside down. The funniest thing is when they both work together to try to get one of their big toys from the bottom of their cage up the ladder. I wonder what they intend to do with it when (if) they get to the top?

Regards, Janet
Lauren16

Post by Lauren16 »

That's the type of cage i was looking at getting.. but wasn't sure if they'd use the height of it or would prefer a wider cage more.