Uh oh! Princess has began bluffing HELP NEEDED

Moderator: Mods

Dani03

Uh oh! Princess has began bluffing HELP NEEDED

Post by Dani03 »

Hi. Yes it's true my baby is bluffing. She began yesterday. She is a little terror right now! She is lunging and threatening to bite but has yet to actually bite. She isn't as bad as I have thought she was going to be but it is so strange to see her acting this way. How did any of you get through this time? HELP! :shock:
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Great you caught it soon. IGNORE IT. Even if it means taking the bites. :cry:

How old is she? I'll tell you this, to keep the bites from hurting badly, please *try* NOT TO pull back. If you do it will hurt much worse. Also, it will probably make her bluff longer. I know this sounds retarded but take it from a Mom with a vicious baby... offer the top of your hand/forearm rather than your finger. When you do this, bend your wrist/make a fist as to make your skin as tight as possible. The bites are alot easier to take.

Keep us posted and if you havent, maybe you want to take part in our poll forum in regards to bluffing?
~ Mikaela Sky

Melika

Post by Melika »

Since she hasn't actually bitten you yet, you have to ignore her lunges. Be insistant, but be aware of moods. I've noticed Hane will just be in a bad mood sometimes and will BITE no matter what. Whereas other days he wants to come out.

When he's in a bad mood I let him be, and sometimes he's moody for the whole day.

But if you jerk your hand away after you've already asked her to step up, she might get annoyed and bite you out of spite, lol. You can't give in. I've noticed Hane is much less likely to bite if I say step-up before presenting my finger to him, this way he knows what's coming.
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay
surferdon

Post by surferdon »

yes i have notice too that when i annouce to my bird what is coming he tends to respond better and not lung quite as much. well i hope all is better now.
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

That is what I mean by Baby talk.

I talk softly and sweetly while I am in my girls cages or trying to manipulate them into doing something.

Example: Hey there Baby, whats my girl doing. Momma is changing that old yucky water and giving that baby some yummy fresh water.

I dont mean goo goo gaaa gaa, I dont even talk to babies like that. It dumbs them down.

They have the mentality of a 2-5 yr old. They know what is going on, believe that :wink:
~ Mikaela Sky

Mazziemom

Post by Mazziemom »

You have to ignore it and just do what you were doing. If you were going for a step up... follow through and get the step up.

My husband let Buddy bluff him, and now... 4 years later.. Buddy still wants to boss him.

You just have to become oblivious to it... "You were trying to threaten me? I didn't notice.... "

;)

Athena
Dani03

Hmm

Post by Dani03 »

This post is old lol. Prinny luckily went through bluffing just fine. only a few weeks for her thank goodness!

Dani and Prinny