Letters Parrots cant pronounce

Moderator: Mods

bastard_x5

Letters Parrots cant pronounce

Post by bastard_x5 »

okay ive looked everywhere, not to long ago i found this website that talked about how some animals ''parrots or dogs or cats i think'' cant hear certain letters properly ,like say you named your dog BoBo and you were playing with him and decided to call him, all your dog would hear is NONO coz dogs cant hear certain letters properly like the letter b, i think parrots have the same problem with certain letters making certain words hard to pronounce clearly, i was trying to figure out what those letters are in either to name my ringneck properly so maybe down the road if i taught him/her name it wouldnt have problems, have you guys heard about this? any one has any idea on what those letters might be?
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

Have no idea .. how woud you know unless you were that animal. We can only summise. I have always said that, like any language any creature doesn't understand, we rely on behaviour and tone.

So if we were in china say, and someone was frowning, talking loudly and gestating we would know something was wrong and take it as aggressive behaviour, we would remember the sound of the word they had shouted and when hearing a similar word in the future we would be very cautious.

If you see them happy and smiliing and softly saying something in their language, you would assume they were friendly, after time, once that person gave you a hug and kiss every time they did this, you would probably respond with the same back and copy what they say to become their friend, we have an accent to them, which is us not pronouncing it exactly the way they say it. Is this because we do not hear it correctly or because we don't have the capability to pronounce it correctly ??

Anyway I don't know if they have trouble with hearing parituclar letters, I think they will copy things that are said strongly and clearly. I think its more they can hear the sounds but just don't have the same mouth setup as us to make the sound, so they copy as best as they can.

Shrug ! just my thoughts
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless