Hello!

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

Linde

Hello!

Post by Linde »

Hello,
I'm Linde, 24 years old and from Holland. I've got three lovebirds (2 fisheri; Sambo and Pukkie, 1 personata; Dino) and since 2 weeks an Indian Ringneck; Luna. It's an albino, approx 12 weeks, and very sweet :D She is hand-raised and since a few days completely independent. She loves fruits and vegetables :) She is starting to get really curious about everything, and just starting to fly. I already started training with her, with 'step up', 'give paw', and 'pick up'. As a reward she gets banana, she loves that :P

This is Luna in her adjusted ferret-ball:

This is her playing with an hairpin (?) of mine

The next one is Pukkie, she is the oldest, one year and two months. She is a real sweety to!

This is Dino, he is hand-raised. He is from november, so not that old yet.

Dino is best friends with Pukkie, they live, sleep, eat and fight together :)

Last, but not least! Sambo :) This one is te least tame, but always funny :D Sometimes he will step up, but most of the time run away, except when we're practicing.

Sambo has beautiful colours.

So.. I am here because I'd love to learn a bit more about ringnecks. I already learned a whole lot from my lovebirds, and through reading on the net, but that are more general bird/parrot things.

xx Linde
bastard_x5

Post by bastard_x5 »

welcome to the board! linde and your birds are beautiul! browse around the fourm youll find lots of usefull info and the people here are supernice!
Linde

Post by Linde »

Thanx! I already did some reading here, it's a great information source! Also because I already read so much here, I thought it was a good idea to finally join :) I will probably have a lot of questions along the way!
Jim

Post by Jim »

Very nice looking birds.

What part of Holland? I've been lucky enough to visit your country a few times for work, mostly in Utrecht and Den Haag.

Jim
October is National Tagline Awareness Month
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Welcome Linde. :)

Your birds are beautiful. I am jealous of your lovebirds, and especially Luna.

Love the pic of Luna in the ferret ball. What a great idea for a nest/bed/plaything lol.

Hope to see more pics very soon. :D

8)
Linde

Post by Linde »

Thanks! :D
I have more pics of Luna in my diary on another site, it's in dutch, but you van see the pics!

On this page are the pics of when we just got her. At the first pic Pukkie is cleaning Luna, it's so sweet! But later, Luna and Dino had a little fight, and Luna won't allow any of the lovebirds in the neighbourhood.
http://www.fluffies.org/nl/fluffies_view_diary.php?entry_id=4030

These are just some pics, some pictures of her in her tent, eating apple and sleeping.
http://www.fluffies.org/nl/fluffies_view_diary.php?entry_id=4042

Here I was busy with adjusting the ferret-ball, and when I went to the toilet, and came back, Luna was already sitting in it :D Later on, she is playing with a hairpin of me, and trying to get a hold of it with her foot, but it's hard :P And there are some pics of the three lovebirds with the hamstertoys I bought em.
http://www.fluffies.org/nl/fluffies_view_diary.php?entry_id=4078

This is the latest one, with a little movie of Luna's first bath :D
http://www.fluffies.org/nl/fluffies_view_diary.php?entry_id=4082
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

OMG ! they are all adoreable .. great pics too .. Welcome to the family. Gotta love a cheeky lovebird personality, our peaches is just the best naughty little lovebird ever, totally different to our Jasper (very shy, quiet and very much in love with out budgie .. lol )

Welcome to the family :D
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

The first link, 4th pic down of Luna laying on you...that is so pricless. I can feel the love oozing out of that pic. Definately my fav photo. Hope you framed it and have it hanging on your wall.
Absolutely gorgeous. All of your birds are. Thanks for the pics. LOVE 'em!!!

8)
Linde

Post by Linde »

Thank you :) It's indeed a wonderful picture.. I should frame all my pictures... But I haven't done it yet. I can't choose :oops: I have one framed, that's hanging above the bird's play ground. That one is of Vinnie, she died a few weeks ago, she had a tumor in her wing, spinal cord and kidneys.. Was really sad..

This is the pic I have framed

Here she's sitting on my lap, outside in the sun..

The last days I took her with me to school, she really enjoyed that :D I didn't want to leave her at home, and I had to go to school.. Officially it's not allowed to bring pets, but nobody said something about it, after I explained..
Linde

Post by Linde »

By the way... where can I find pics of your birdies? :D
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Linde wrote:By the way... where can I find pics of your birdies? :D

right here , here , and here

Hope you like them :)

8)
Linde

Post by Linde »

Oh, they are beautiful! Especially Jasper is really pretty!!
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Thank you :D

8)