Molting and Napping

Moderator: Mods

celtic_aura

Molting and Napping

Post by celtic_aura »

Well, Gigi bird is really molting now. When I uncovered him this morning there were feathers all over the bottom of his cage. About 15 minutes after I uncovered him, he took a nap. This is very unusual for him. He woke up when I changed and fed him, but he's napping again. That's two naps in the two hours he's been up. Do they tend to sleep more when they are molting? With all the tragedies on the board lately, I'm keeping a close eye on him.
julie

Post by julie »

They normally moult with the change in weather and like people they tend to sleep more/less with the change in temps. Just keep an eye on him if your worried about it see a vet but it sounds normal to me.
Patrick

Post by Patrick »

Charlie Parker is moulting like crazy these days and also likes a good nap or two during the day, in addition to sometimes three or four baths in his water dish in addition to his daily shower. The other day when the temperature hit the high nineties I gave him an old pie plate with about a quarter inch of water in it and he threw his toys in and splashed around for hours. I would never have believed it if anyone had told me I'd be spending the weekend playing in the kiddie pool with a little green parrot..... :lol: