Help Identifying breeder mutations

Moderator: Mods

rick_s0910

Help Identifying breeder mutations

Post by rick_s0910 »

I just bought four indian ringnecks today. I know one of them is a Pallid Blue cock, one is a Grey hen BUT her father is a Violet and her mother is a Grey ( is there a chance she can be grey masking Violet??). The other two birds I cant really figure out what they are.... I need your help. I also have a male Greygreen, a male Dominant Edged Grey, and a Blue hen. How do you recommend that I pair them up??? What color babies will I get???? Here are some pics...
Pallid Blue Cock with Hen?????

???? cock and Grey hen (Dad is Violet mom is Grey)

Thanks for your time,
Jay

Post by Jay »

Hi Rick,

Do you have better pictures of the cock you think is Pallid? Too much flash so take the pictures under natural lighting if possible. The hen (it looks like a hen to me, the one with yellow markings on the wings) is definitely a TurquoiseBlue Grey Pallid. If the male is in fact a Pallid, then they would make a good pair.

The other male with the Grey hen is a Blue Cinnamon. You can leave it partnered with the Grey hen. Single-Factor Grey cannot totally mask Violet but Double-Factor Grey can. Look at the rump area and feathers on the tail and behind the head. If you see Violet feathers, then she carries the Violet gene.

The Grey Dom Edge can be partnered with the Blue hen.

Post your pairings on the Gencalc thread and have the rest of the folks (including yourself) practice determining color outcome. I will guide y'all.
rick_s0910

Post by rick_s0910 »

Thanks for your help!!!! I will take some pics and post them tommorrow. Is there a reason why the blue cinnamon looks so white??? I had never seen one like him.
Jay

Post by Jay »

rick_s0910 wrote:Thanks for your help!!!! I will take some pics and post them tommorrow. Is there a reason why the blue cinnamon looks so white??? I had never seen one like him.

Rick,

From your picture, the wing tips appear to be brown hence Cinnamon. But if the wingtips are actually Grey and the feathers are as white as they seem on your pictures (sans flash), then your bird is a Blue Suffused (AKA Blue Dilute) and three times as valuable.