Work and an IRN

Moderator: Mods

sabrajay

Work and an IRN

Post by sabrajay »

Hi, everyone. ^^

Okay, so. Monday - Friday I usually leave the house at 7:30am for work, and arrive home about 6-ish. I let Demi out of his cage for about 2 hours every afternoon, and sometimes for about half-an-hour in the morning while I'm having breakfast.

Usually there's nobody home during the day, but I do leave plenty of toys for him to play with. Whenever I arrive home from work and go into my room to wind down, he immediately paces back and forth on his front perch and garbles at me, which I assume is a "I Miss You". ^^ He spends the time on my shoulders quite happily, and sometimes climbs on my head to play with my hair.

I got Demi before this new job of mine, so I didn't expect to be out so long during the day... I was considering maybe buying either another IRN or a small bird. (Cockatiel, finch, parrot...)

I would love to hear some suggestions or comments, please. ^^ He's only about 5 months old, and I came into company with him when he was 10 weeks old.

<3
humanoid_kitten .:. x .:. sabrajay

(>^w^)> ~ <3
Amazonite

Post by Amazonite »

Amazon is a bit like that too.

I got him he was 7 weeks and i worked nights so when he went to bed i worked, then i got a day job well this was not ok in his books, but i would let him out in th morning and share breakfast with him then give him a kiss and say byebye work time and he would go into his cage. When i got him e he would do what you baby does pacing up and down and wanting out so i let him out till i went to bed.

Im now home all day every day so he is out all the time again.

I dont think its something to worry about, you sound like you have plenty of toys just swap them round every so often so he/she has new ones each time (well thats what they think). And handle whenever you can.

Hope that kinda helps, i wouldnt get another bird personaly unless you feel that is needed, Amazon doesnt get on with other birds very well.
Sharlene and Amazon
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Maybe you could leave a radio or tv on in the background for noise. Might not feel so alone if there is something happening while you are out.

:)
sabrajay

Post by sabrajay »

Ta for the help. ^^ I might refrain from buying him a playmate for a while, I think...

One baby is enough to handle!

(>^w^)> ~ <3
wannabe

Post by wannabe »

Place him near a window, not so he gets too hot or anything but enough so he can watch coming and goings outside.
I second the radio idea I think that will really help a lot, I couldnt' imagine my bird being left alone with silence all day.
sabrajay

Post by sabrajay »

I keep him inside my screen door, but have the glass one open. I sort of live in a bush-y area, so it's not like there are heaps of people or cars going by.

I'll definitely try the radio idea... maybe he'll even pick up a few words in time! ;)

(>^w^)> ~ <3