:(

Moderator: Mods

Marsha

:(

Post by Marsha »

Hellloooo! i have had my two ringnecks for three weeks now and as advised we are giving one away. We seperated them today for the first time. Ree is in one cage and Maia in the other. We are giving Ree away to a friend tonight. She is sitting in the new cage very calmly. Maia is very restless. For the first time too she made the calling sound. Will she settle in soon? She is hopping around in her cage and one of her Black feathers has fallen out as she has also lost her balance and fallen to the bottom of the cage a couple of times. They were not together in the petshop that we got them from and they fight very often when they are together.
Kristen

Post by Kristen »

Are you sure they were fighting? Maia may have bonded to Ree. My birds have bonded and they get all upset when they're not together. Whenever I have them out together, everyone's like..."oh...look, they're fighting," but they aren't. Sometimes when they feed each other it looks like they're pecking at each other, or if one is preening the other then everyone's like "oh, Rufus is pulling out Donni's feathers".
Marsha

Post by Marsha »

I am sure they were fighting. Ree's eyes get all small and she screeches and pecks at Maia, sometimes she even pulls at her left eyelid:/...they haven't eaten today, but we have to give one away because we can't have two seperate cages in the house. Maia is pacing up and down her perch and moving all around the cage. Ree is ever so calm. I'm sad Ree has to go. :(
Kristen

Post by Kristen »

Awwwwh...I'm sorry. It definitely sounds like they were fighting. At least you still get to keep Maia.
Marsha

Post by Marsha »

Yes, i will still have Maia. but will they get over one another? ree doesn't have a problem already. but like will Maia eat again? will she stop going all hysterically and losing her balance and falling to the bottom of the cage?
Kristen

Post by Kristen »

She should...maybe play with her a lot. Do you bring your birds to dinner? I bring mine and they sit on the back of my chair and I hand them tid-bits. And if they think they're not getting enough food they'll let you know by jumping on your shoulder. Is she falling off because she's trying to get to Ree? And can they see each other?
julie

Post by julie »

she should be ok by herself, I think its just because they can see each other at the moment.
Marsha

Post by Marsha »

I'd love to bring my bird to dinner....if only she would come....the moment i put my hand into the cage she flies to the other end of it. we pick her up in our hands and she bites away. they fly away from us, do not eat from our hands, are basically terrified of our hands. and they cannot see each other. they are both in different rooms. Ree is leaving today. she hasn't gone yet, but she is leaving tonight i think. i tried to hold food in my hand and give it to them but they wouldn't come close for like 15 mins so i put it on the cage and sat there and then they came over and ate it.
julie

Post by julie »

Start over with the one you are keeping. At first sit in view of her and just do your normal stuff, then eat in front of her, eventually do all this with the cage door open and give her the option to come out on her own. she should get used to you being around her and eventually she may come up for some of the good stuff that you have. be patient with her and don't let her scare you off with the bites. Check out some of the post by Jen (she hasnt been on for a while :cry: ) but she managed to tame her babies who were quite a handful.
Marsha

Post by Marsha »

OHH!! Maia ate from my hand today :D :lol: :D
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

:D Excellent news! Well done. :wink:
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
Marsha

Post by Marsha »

I'm just wondering...but do birds feel cold?
Donna

Post by Donna »

Birds are very sensitive to hot and cold. Do not put them by a drafty window and keep them cool in the hot summer months.
In Loving Memory
of one special husband and one special bird.

I miss you both
Marsha

Post by Marsha »

oh ok. thanx