Ringneck Crew...

Moderator: Mods

Mazziemom

Ringneck Crew...

Post by Mazziemom »

Thought I'd share some pictures :)

Left to right, thats Buddy (IRN), Alice (Alexandrine), and Sage (IRN). Sage is passing through on her way to a new home, but while she's with us she's enjoying playing with our crew.

That is my Mazzie girl :)

Buddy showing off his tail

Mazzie being beautiful :)

Athena
Bryan

Post by Bryan »

Wow what stunning birds you have. They look very tame; do they love to be handled and do they ever bite? I hope you post more pictures. sorry to ask so many questions. :wink:
jen5239
Community Greeter

Post by jen5239 »

They are BEAUTIFUL! Looks like they are living the life too!

Jen & Byndi
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

That pic of her birdie hanging upside down is so funny. That is what Baby does when I give her a spray bath so I can get her 'undercarriage'. :lol:
~ Mikaela Sky

IMR4N

Post by IMR4N »

May I say you have a collection of beauties do you sell them or are you giving sage to a friend?And those play areas look out standing very lucky looking birds did you make them you self???
Mazziemom

Post by Mazziemom »

Thank you, I think they are gorgeous :)

Sage is up for adoption (Colorado only), we run a parrot rescue and she came to us needing a new home as her noise was getting her prior owner evicted. No one can accuse ringnecks of being quiet.

Mazzie and Buddy never bite me, both are tame. They will bite others however, they are mama's babies. Mazzie loves to be held and touched, its her favorite thing. Buddy needs to fly around for a while and burn off energy and then he's snuggly... he's just young and active. Alice is bigger of course, but she doesn't even know what a bite is. She came from an exceptional breeder who socializes the birds very well. Alice will go to anyone and loves to be kissed all over her body.

We made one of the stands, the other is purchased. It was only $50.00 plus shipping, really not bad and its very very sturdy. We've bought a few stands from that company...

I'm more than happy to share photos, I'm a shutterbug and my favorite target is the birds ;)

Athena
IMR4N

Post by IMR4N »

i must say buddy is a big IRn is he a modification or is it jus the pic????
Mazziemom

Post by Mazziemom »

Nope, Buddy's normal size, it might be the pic. He and Mazzie weigh right about 120 grams each :)

Alice however is a big ol girl, but Alexandrine's are like that...

Sage is more delicate, around 110 grams :)

Athena
Jade

Post by Jade »

I can't get Chook to stand long enough in the one spot to weigh him! Unless he's attached to food or a toy that is :lol: I have a horrible feeling that my little guy isn't so little! Too much of a love of mashed potato and the good life.
Mazziemom

Post by Mazziemom »

You can cheat... weigh the treat first, then put him on the scale, give him the treat... and subract the treat from the total weight.

I can lie Mazzie on her back so she's easy to weigh... Buddy is a bit harder since he prefers flying off the perch and laughing at me when I ask him to come back.

After Mazzie's injury a while back I'd rather have a pudgy ringneck than a thin one... she's naturally thin and when her beak was hurt I had to really work to feed her enough to keep her weight up. She did drop by about 5 grams, but thats not too shabby for eating goop for two weeks.

:)

Athena
Melika

Post by Melika »

They're all beautiful. It's great that ringnecks can find homes again. With all the bad stuff one reads about them I imagine it can be difficult to find homes? Unless it happens to be a ringneck addict, lol. ^_~
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay