HELP PLEASE.CUEL SHOP!

Hang out, kick back, relax and chat in "The IRN Lounge". Excellent place for general conversation, idle chat and off topic threads. Anything goes!!!

Moderator: Mods

Freighttrain

HELP PLEASE.CUEL SHOP!

Post by Freighttrain »

Went to check out the shop where I got my IRNs at 2 years ago(they moved about a year ago) and let me tell you this place is a true pet HELL.Walked in the the place smelled like a barn.Smell of crap and urine would nearly take your breath.Walked around.None of the birds had clean water,Food,or clean cages(well,more like aquariums).The IRN cage I will say was the most God Awful sight.There was a dead one on the bottom of the tiny enclosure built into the corner(about 24x24 built into a corner with plexi front at a 45degree).It the feathers were plucked.Droppings,food,bedding all matted on the body.Ants running all over the cage.Someone please save these animals.Currently they have them priced at $150 a pair.I would rather someone shut this place down hard and maybe rack up some charges on them.

B&G pets
(256) 413-1980
4998 Rainbow Dr, Rainbow City, AL 35906
Donna

Re: HELP PLEASE.CUEL SHOP!

Post by Donna »

Freighttrain wrote:Someone please save these animals.Currently they have them priced at $150 a pair.I would rather someone shut this place down hard and maybe rack up some charges on them.

B&G pets
(256) 413-1980
4998 Rainbow Dr, Rainbow City, AL 35906

There's nothing we can do. It's up to you since you live in that town to call animal control or the ASPCA in your area. Did you say anything to the owner while you were in the shop? Don't wait on someone else to do it, you have seen the shop and the conditions the animals were in. CALL THEM!!

Donna
In Loving Memory
of one special husband and one special bird.

I miss you both
Freighttrain

Post by Freighttrain »

Already have contacted the Police,The other local pet shop(been in business 30 years plus and always CLEAN),and gotta wait til monday to call Animal control.But I will be on it.Along with a call to the health department cause that can't be healthy for the businesses next to them in the little strip mall.Contacted the Alabama Animal control thing(not exactly sure if they are actually animal control or just trainers but gave them all the info just in case).Thinking of contacting the local paper about them and anyone else I can think of annoying.I wanted to post this incase someone in the surrounding area had a vacancy in their IRN Condos.Maybe make such a bad thing a great thing by purchasing the birds dirt cheap and giving them a loving home cause no one around here will.Never see customers there.....and I can see why.But on a side note.....I went into the other long standing shop and they had dual Ringnecks.Both the IRNs and it's bigger cousin.
Donna

Post by Donna »

Sure wish there was something I could do to help. Please don't go buying these birds from this shop. Wait to see if they are going to get shut down and then tell animal control you have good homes for the IRN's if they are willing to let them go. If you buy them and they don't shut them down your only putting money in that shop owners pocket to buy more animals he doesn't need. :cry: You would think that the shops next to this hell hole would complain about the smell. Your on the right track just keeping doing what your doing and don't give up until something is done.

Donna
In Loving Memory
of one special husband and one special bird.

I miss you both
Ginich

Post by Ginich »

Also, I would have them vet checked immediately for all kinds of birdy diseases and infections. Can't possibly be healthy fids in that kind of place.
We are forever responsible for what we have tamed.