who's the boss?

Moderator: Mods

selma

who's the boss?

Post by selma »

just thought i'd share this story with everyone. About 2 weeks ago bibou suddenly started throwing tantrums. Everytime he wanted to come down from the cage he would start screaming. He used to do that soon after we got him but i got rid of that by just leaving the room and ignoring him. So i started doing the same again. I would leave the room and the minute i was out he would make these cute little sounds as if to say he's sorry but the minute i came back in the room he would start screaming at me again. Last night he started performing again half an hour before bedtime. So at 8:30 i just switched the light off, left his night lamp on and continued watching tv. He scrambled up to the top of the cage so quickly and went off to sleep. Today his behaviour was completely changed. All day he kept making his cute sounds to call me. And singing, and i just kept praising him telling him what a good boy he was. He was sooo cute. And right at 8:30 sharp he went to bed on his own even though all the lights were still on. I just had to share this success story. There were times when i was entering and leaving the room every few minutes but i kept going everytime he acted up and it worked. He finally knows he's not in control. Have to say i feel so sorry for the poor little mite looking ever so eager to please now. I just want to hug and squeeze him but i'll probably get my lip ripped off so better forget that idea. :lol:
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Selma:
Thank you for sharing that. The good days with these guys sure make all the crazy ones worth it. It boils down to contentment, to me anyway. When my girls are happy, Im happy... everything is Ok.

Serentity is precious and Im glad you got the chance to share that with your lil fella. :)
~ Mikaela Sky