quick question

Hang out, kick back, relax and chat in "The IRN Lounge". Excellent place for general conversation, idle chat and off topic threads. Anything goes!!!

Moderator: Mods

alana8819

quick question

Post by alana8819 »

i'm thinking about getting another bird. I met a really great breeder she breeds ringnecks, plumheads, alexandrines, ekkies and so on. She suggested a plumhead do they get along with the ringnecks well and how would i go about introducing a new bird into the household, will cookie get jealous? i am getting her to send me some pics first then if i like any i'll go out to her property and have a look. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

IRN's can be very territorial. You would have to house them separately and watch them when ever they are out together, but yes you can have other birds with IRN's. They may not be best buddies, but it is possible that they will get along, but then remember even the best of friends have fights and an IRN fight can be a deadly one.

We all have MBS so we have other birds aswell as our IRN's but we always monitor their playtime together. :wink:

I have Jordan and Pickle who love to be together, they have sorted out their pecking order on their own but I still monitor them.

Mikaela has and IRN that adores a cockatiel, but I would think she also monitors their time together.

Good luck !
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

julie

Post by julie »

I have indie and cookie (lorrie). They both have big personalities and are watched very closely when together. I kept the two seperate for a while and watched them very closely to make sure no fights broke out.