I feel so lost.

Hang out, kick back, relax and chat in "The IRN Lounge". Excellent place for general conversation, idle chat and off topic threads. Anything goes!!!

Moderator: Mods

Sam's Mom

I feel so lost.

Post by Sam's Mom »

My son left home for college and my bird doesn't seem to like me now. I think it's the cage he's in.
Jason - Son
Sam- IRN
Tori- Cockatiel
Chester- Parakeet
Tessa and Star- Mini Schnauzers
mattyboardman

Post by mattyboardman »

if im correct did the bird like your son ?
cause some times i have heard that people leaving can upset the birds ( i dont know if im correct ) this is just story's i have heard i maybe wrong.
R.I.P Baby 05 / 09 / 2007 You Will Be Missed !
Sam's Mom

Post by Sam's Mom »

Thanks for the reply. I got this bird after my son left. :)
Jason - Son
Sam- IRN
Tori- Cockatiel
Chester- Parakeet
mattyboardman

Post by mattyboardman »

ahh ok i understand now. then if the bird is new i think you will have to spend more time with it to get more trust from the bird

i have had my pair of IRN for 8 weeks but after the first 4 weeks she laid 4 eggs so i havnt been going near her because she has got a nasty bite.
the babies are around 4 weeks now and i cleaned there breading box out and she bite me and wow she wasnt messing around she didnt get me proper but she drawn blood but when the babies are bigger i will put them in there own cage and then i will begin to try and tame them all.

so i think it just takes time for the bird to get use to the new owner how old is the bird ?

if its younger it is alot easier to tame i would think.
older they will be more wise of whats going on around them
R.I.P Baby 05 / 09 / 2007 You Will Be Missed !
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Oh sweetie! Must be hard for you right now. :( Don't stress too much about your bird not liking you just now. IRNs take alot of patience and time, then they can just have a moody day and not want anything to do with you. Don't take things personally with IRNs. They have their ups and downs. Just take each day as it comes and give as much as you can to them.

I think its breeding season over here and my Jibby doesnt want anything to do with me right now. He'd rather play with Yoda. But once this season is over I know I'll have my cuddly sooky Jibby back. :wink: Ahh, the joys of owning IRNs. :roll:
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
Sam's Mom

Post by Sam's Mom »

Thanks for the support. :) My bird is 3 to 4 months old now.
Jason - Son
Sam- IRN
Tori- Cockatiel
Chester- Parakeet