young talker???

Moderator: Mods

lutino

young talker???

Post by lutino »

At what age do IRN's generally begin/try to talk? Mine is only about 5 months, but sometimes he/she makes these gentle muttering/mumbling squeaky sounds, which kinda sounds like he/she is trying to say something :D Maybe this is just me hopeing lol, any ideas?
Also do males and females talk equally as well?

Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

My Yoda was trying to talk at 5 months aswell. He/she is now 7 -8 months and has almost got his/her first words right. Sounds like your IRN is trying to talk. :D

I think they start to talk around 7 months to a year. It is said that males are better talkers. But I've seen both males and females talk very well.
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

yep...5 months sounds about right...

I too have heard the 'males make better talkers' but females are pretty good too! It's that males are hardwired to be showoffs...to attract potiental mates

Dani
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

yep I would say around 5 months they seem to begin to experiment with their voices. :D
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

Neokireina

Post by Neokireina »

It seems that in my flock females are the talkers. Yuki says Yuki Chookie and a bunch of annoying noises I taught her :P . I'm happy with few words since my flock are bonded with each other a bit more than they are with me.
Newbirdmom

Post by Newbirdmom »

My Oscar says a bunch of things. He was talking almost when I got him at 7mo. Now almost 4mo later I can not get him to shut up he doesn't wistel much jeuy talks. He knows I like that best. Plus I think this helps alot he is in the living room where we spend most of our time. So he picks up on alot of things.
lutino

Post by lutino »

He/she sounds abit like a chimp :D