Birds can't talk????

Hang out, kick back, relax and chat in "The IRN Lounge". Excellent place for general conversation, idle chat and off topic threads. Anything goes!!!

Moderator: Mods

Lisa's Tiki

Birds can't talk????

Post by Lisa's Tiki »

My daughter, who’s 8 and in the 3rd grade, told me last night that during reading class (her school breaks the kids up based on their reading level and they go to different classrooms during reading time) yesterday her teacher was talking about real and fiction and the teacher said “Bird’s can’t talk – that’s fiction!” WHAT!!! My daughter raised her hand and said “Birds can talk – I have three birds at home that talk!” I guess she put that teacher in her place! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Donna

Post by Donna »

Had to laugh at this. My grandson went through the same thing when they where testing him for the first grade. The teacher put three pictures down one was a man the other was a dog and the other was a bird, and the teacher asked him now witch one talks? Austin looked at the teacher real funny and said all of them. The man can talk and my grandma's dog says momma and she has birds that talk too. Needless to say the teacher was speechless. :lol:

Donna :D
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Hehe, You tell em Lisa's lil girl!

How can a talking bird be fiction? :roll: What are these people teaching the kids today? *shakes head*
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
Occy

Post by Occy »

from the teachers point of view - she probably means that birds cant hold conversations like Iago from Aladdin - yes she should have expressed herself more clearly but believe it or not teachers are human
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

Good for your daughter sticking up for the birds :D , but as occy said the teacher was probably referring in general to birds in the wild (not around humans) and referring to human speach, she should have been clearer.

But correct me if i am wrong just reading this a few times I realise;

“Bird’s can’t talk – that’s fiction!”

that is fiction (not true) then, the fact is they can talk

If they said "Bird's can't talk - that's fact!" you would be unhappy

:shock: right ? :?
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Uhuh! Didnt pick up on that one Kyria.

Such a politically correct world. :roll:
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
Lisa's Tiki

Post by Lisa's Tiki »

Okay, I misworded it. The point the teacher was trying to make was that birds don't hold converstations. I guess they had been reading a story that had a bird that talked and the teacher was telling the kids that the story was fiction, because bird's can't talk. Sorry I wasn't more clear. I told my daughter that I was sure the teacher meant birds in the wild, but I still think it is funny!
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

that teacher sure picked the wrong group to make that comment to .. lol .. I would love to have seen her face when your daughter said she had "three" birds that talk :lol:
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless