New addition...

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

Mikaela

New addition...

Post by Mikaela »

Hey yall:

I wanted to introduce you to the newest member of our family. She is two. I just adopted her today. She is extremely affectionate, screams for it even which will take a little getting use to. Nonetheless, I love her so much already!

Shame my husband and I can't sit and chat like that. :lol:

The baby is the one with the black eyes (had her since she was 4 weeks). The older girl is the one with regular eyes. Have no clue why my baby Irn has black eyes, we havent gotten to the bottom of that.

Here is big Sis...

Dani03

Oooo...how pretty!

Post by Dani03 »

She is beautiful! What is her name? :D I just love those greens, but I must say India is a way greener (is that even a word :P ) bird. I always love those pics you have of her. She looks like she is going to start some trouble at any moment...kind of like my Princess LOL. I wonder why India is such a brighter more emerald color green? Who knows...lol. All I know is my next IRN I want a gray. I fell in love with one at the store (not a good idea of course). So how is India taking to the new addition?
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

I dont know why my baby is SO green, and gets greener. The camera washers her out. She is very green wth yellow and blue undertones.

More odd is the fact she has solid black eyes that never pin. This might be the dumbest question EVER asked but at least Ill be known for something hehe...

Is it possible I have a mixed breed? Like a quaker and an Irn for example? :oops: Or mixed birds dont/wont mate? *hides her face*
I realize this is a VERY uncommon trait and I want to get to the bottom of it. I am beginning to think she is blind :!: But I do little tests and she alway passes. Wish I was Dr Dolitte. Wait... they talk so in a sense I am hehe.

The baby I just adopted thinks I am a goooood girl, she says when I come in the room. Then she does the wolf whistle hehe. I am so glad she approves :roll:

The baby (India) thinks big sis is really cool and likes to play but big sis doesnt want anything but kisses, otherwise she nips the baby's leg in an effort to get a minutes peace. The Bigger girl is a screamer and India DOES not like that. She turns her back and starts mumbling under her breath... think she is saying "Man this is cool and all but that screaming has got to stop or Mommie is going to get you".

When I say kissing, they do this thing that looks exactly like adults kissing. The put their beaks together and lick eachothers tongue. It is sooo cute. It looks like they are being bitey in pics though.

I am not going to house them together. Big sis is EXTREMELY affectionate and I want to maintain that in her and as the baby mimics what big bird does, it is making trainer her so much easier. It is as if she is like Ohhhh Ok, I can do that! Both know and love when they have impressed you and work toward that.

You'll never hear me say ringnecks arent affectionate again... Sis has proven us all wrong. She is getting nippier the longer I have her, maybe because she wants her other mom or because she sees the baby do it :(
Last edited by Mikaela on Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
IMR4N

Post by IMR4N »

congratulations on your new baby they are both very beautiful. i think i'll follow up on the question that dani03 asked "What is her name".
IMR4N

Post by IMR4N »

mikaela i was wondering if it would be posible to see apicture of the stand in the first picture?
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Sure, here are pics of stands we made. So, nothing fancy but they love both of them

The Big Sis is Peek-a-Boo, just adopted her.

The baby is my girl India but I really never call her that so it is actually peek-a-boo and baby. The baby is about 5 months, her Sis is 2 yrs.

Here are pics of the stands.

That one is affixed to a piece of wood with casters.

This is their condo:

IMR4N will you please take special notice to the babies all black eyes? They never pin, always dark black. Know anything of this trait?

Here is Peek-a-Boo's home:

This is Baby's home:

Thanks...
Last edited by Mikaela on Tue Sep 06, 2005 10:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
jen5239
Community Greeter

Post by jen5239 »

CONGRATS on the new addition! And I have to say that I am terribly happy to hear you say she's affectionate. I was kind of getting down thinking that they weren't affectionate birds. But I keep reading that if you give them enough daily attention they will be. Must be nice living where you have such availability to them. I'm having a heck of a time even finding an aviary NEAR me! But I'll keep plugging away! Beautiful birds and it looks like a beautiful home too. I'm happy for you and your babies! Take care and enjoy them! Which I can tell from your writings that you more than do! :D
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Baby and Peek-a-boo are the lucky ones, Florida is the perfect environment for Irns. I feel so blessed. I can't believe I ever lived a day of my life without a bird.

I am SO in love.
Dani03

Mikaela I love those cages!

Post by Dani03 »

Wow I fell in love with PeekaBoo's home! It is beatiful! So big and spacious. I bet she loves it. India/Baby's home is a lot like my Prinny's only Prinny hates those dowels. I had to get her natural perches because she refused to perch on anything but the one I had in there before (spoiled little brat lol) Any clue where PeekABoo's other mommy got that cage? I love it!
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

When Baby gets bigger she will have a cage like Peek-a-Boo's. Some say buy the biggest first but she was such a little baby. I didnt want her to be in there scared so I went with that one. It still is huge but not as tall. Too, hers isn't for the corner as Peek-a-Boos is.
Melika

Post by Melika »

I'm glad they get along! Even Hane and his brother don't get along so well. Tsume gets in Hane's face and Hane doesn't like that. :?

Peek-a-Boo must certainly be happy. Maybe you can use a little psychology on Baby. When she sees you so happy cudding Peeks maybe she'll want to cuddle too. ^_~
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Melika:

That is exactly what is happening. Baby has seen Peek step up so pretty with no bites and THANK GOD decided to mimic that! My hands are healing as we speak :wink: