IRN's Being affectionate

Moderator: Mods

teeple

IRN's Being affectionate

Post by teeple »

Our IRN is now 2, his name is Herbie. He loves to be touched and scratched behind his head. He coos and babbles the whole time. He showers in the kitchen sink under the vege sprayer on our tap. Nothing funnier than a drenched bird cleaning himself. He wont stop talking and is now saying over 20 words including elevator (long story), what's your name, what ya doing, come on step up, wheet whoo as well as whistles it, hello, good boy, bad boy,hurry up,oh boy, bye bye, bye bye herbie, quack quack quack, meow and the cats names, and about 10 variations in the way he says his name. He loves to imitate my laugh and sometimes its quite evil.

We are going through the bluffing stage, towards only his mum, but we are tolerating it.

He has a girlfriend, well sort of, its a large white mouse that you pull the cord and it moves across the floor, its a cat toy. He makes love to it and feeds her. Really funny to watch. He also plays with yellow practice golf balls which he nest on and feeds.

His Dad takes him to work 3 days a week in a cage and he interacts with the staff, he loves it and so do they. He also loves going to our holiday home in the Wairapapa.

We let him out every day for an hour and we flys around a lot.

He has a large cardboard cylinder that he loves running through, inand out of. Even chatting to the cylinder and wolf whistling at it.

He is affectionate, cuddly and a hard case. Even if sometimes his noise level is a bit roudy.
Melika

Post by Melika »

Sounds like you've raised him well. :D Congrats on your great relationship with Herbie. I'm hoping Hane will turn out so well. ^_^
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay