Amazon Update......

Moderator: Mods

Gemstone

Amazon Update......

Post by Gemstone »

well the little ratbag has made him self quite at home, esp when we let him sleep in a box in our room.
he thinks it a great game!!!, we tuck him in with a heat pack under his towel, and another one kinda cover him, and he gets out and sits on the edge of the box, we tuck him back in and he gets back up, and this keeps going even with the lights off.

in the morning his first order of busness is to get out of the box and find a way to get on the bed and attempt to extract food from our mouths.

he is weaning quite well, although we can't get him interested in seed for some reason, although he will quite happily sit there and demolish an apple (not sure yet, but we are positive he could eat a wohole apple in one hit) and broccoli, but he will only eat the stalks not the flower, is this normal???

he keeps giving us suprising behaviour, see the video forum for more....
Adam and Dude
CatsChair

Post by CatsChair »

Magellan likes stalks better than the florets as well, canaries are the opposite.... if I could just get them to work out a deal! Sounds like Amazon has you quite well trained already; what a lucky bird :D
MCS
CatsChair

Post by CatsChair »

Oops....guess I am a little impatient--doesn't bear repeating. Have a good day!
MCS
Bird crazy

Post by Bird crazy »

Yep, that tenacious little IRN spirit is showing itself at a young age.
I will do what I please thank you very much. They should be born with that inscription on the eggs before they hatch. :lol:

Kind of like smoking, the warning will put some off but for others nothing would deter them from having one :D
Sue
Rowdy Vos eclectus, Dolly Cockatiel
Nila Blue IRN, Priya Grey IRN, and Bigotes the cat
Gemstone

Post by Gemstone »

any suggestions in how to get him to eat seed, he will sit on the bowl and wont touch the seed but will eat the millet spray hanging from his cage, plus he will eat teh freash fruit adn veges.
Adam and Dude
Bird crazy

seeds

Post by Bird crazy »

Put little pieces of the millet in the seed cup and let him see you do it.
He'll have to move the seeds to get the millet and he may eat them
But maybe he's just to young to crack the shells yet?
Sue
Rowdy Vos eclectus, Dolly Cockatiel
Nila Blue IRN, Priya Grey IRN, and Bigotes the cat
Mikaela

Re: seeds

Post by Mikaela »

Bird crazy wrote:Put little pieces of the millet in the seed cup and let him see you do it.
He'll have to move the seeds to get the millet and he may eat them
But maybe he's just to young to crack the shells yet?

Uhhh Huhhmmm
~ Mikaela Sky

Cindy

Post by Cindy »

when you cut up fresh moist foods, sprinkle them with seeds...Believe me they will like seeds. Thank your stars that the baby is eating fresh foods! So many birds eat ONLY seeds and we have to struggle to get them to eat the fresh foods.....Eating seeds will come all in its own time...right now stuff that baby with fresh foods...If you really are worried, you can always put seed in coffee grinder and sprinkle on food too
Cindy M. and the Flock of 8