new to parrots

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

chris

new to parrots

Post by chris »

hi there all!! new to the life of ringnecks love their colours anyone with help full info on breeders or trainin plz email me ... and which clours make the best talkers ... i am thingin about a yellow or a white thanks chris
Dani03

Hi there...

Post by Dani03 »

Hi and welcome to the board. I personally own an albino (or a white one) named Princess. I love her to bits and peices. Some owners are going to tell you that most IRNs are not very cuddly or sweet...and that almost kept me from getting Princess. However I decided to see if this was true and found the light of my life. Princess is the sweetest most loveing parrot I have ever found. She has only ever bitten me once (however we are still awaiting that bluffing stage they go through)

It depends on the attitude of the bird. I have met some IRN that are meaner than anthing but it depends on how it was raised and it's own personalilties. These are NOT conures by any means and Princess have have the biggest attitude when she wants. :roll: I don't really think that color defines who is gonna be a good talker. It depends on the time YOU put into the bird. You can get a hand-fed and sociable bird from the start it is better than a petstore buy. Find a breeder who is near you or is willing to ship (though it is rough on the bird...)

Hope you find this helpful and goodluck on your hunt for one :D

Dani
chris

Post by chris »

hi dani and thanks for the r4sponds yes it was helpful ...............anything at all will behelpful thanks and does anyone know if alexadrines are more clearer talkers than ring necks also thinkin about one of the as well . as they are close to the same apperance thanks all who take time to read this chris
Dani03

Hi again

Post by Dani03 »

Hi! What I have heard about Alexadrines and ringnecks is that ringnecks are clearer speakers and have been told to be as good as greys or amamzons. Once again however it depends on the time you put into the bird. Also, in my opinion, getting a parrot because the species has been know to talk is not a good idea. Some individuals of a species have never spokena word. Some grey never talk...you should be interested in a parrot because you want a companion not because you can teach it words...ok I'll step off my soap box for now :wink: *steps down* any more info?
chris

Post by chris »

hi dani ...no that is not the main reason i would like a parrot but is just one of many ...i am asking as many ????? as possaible so i will know a lot about each breed aleadrines and rings beforse i make a decidin .. i just found out last night a website for makin mutations ....home.wanadoo.nl/psittaculaworld/Mutations/P-krameri.htm