First pic of Maize

Moderator: Mods

Maize

First pic of Maize

Post by Maize »

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b17/Maize18/maize.jpg

Here is the first attempt at sending a picture of our Lutino IRN.

I have to say that I have really enjoyed seeing everyone elses pics of their beautiful IRNS!

Denise
Datsun and Family

Post by Datsun and Family »

Maize is absolutely gorgeous! I love the bright beak of a lutino, his/her plumage is so healthy looking, what does maize eat?
Maize

Post by Maize »

Maize likes so many kinds of foods. She loves cooked pasta, blueberries, strawberries, and other fruits. She also likes to steal cereal from our children :oops:
She still enjoys her pellets, and other raw and cooked vegetables.
She is pretty rough right now, as she has gone through her first molt. Her tail feathers are gone (also due from feather breakage because of a fractured leg.)
She will step up for anyone, doesn't mind being handled, and is starting to make unusual sounds. I just love listening to her cluck, whistle, etc.

Denise
Jasont

My IRN hase abit of red in the eyes

Post by Jasont »

Hi my name is jason end i was wondering if theres people out there with there parrot having abit of red in there parrots eyes like kinda liek blood in te eyes mixed wiht the normal white ?
Datsun and Family

Post by Datsun and Family »

Hi Jason

Datsun sometimes gets bloodshot eyes when shes sick or tired. Its just like we do if we are sick tired or have been crying. If thats what you mean then I wouldnt worry too much i think its normal (i hope!) If its more than that I would get your bird vet checked, better to be safe than sorry, especially when it comes to a child or a pet!

-Chamon