Tomoato, Holy #*?&

Moderator: Mods

chichirae

Tomoato, Holy #*?&

Post by chichirae »

I am so appauled, I have just now found out that tomatos are toxic. Where have I been? Is this true? Tomatos...My Erin loves them...they are her/his favorite, that is second to peppers. Now, I am doubting myself so much that I am wondering if the peppers are bad including the seeds. I have lost all confidence in myself as a bird mother. Please help...maybe I need to go back to the ABC's of bird motherism. Please someone I feel lost...
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

As far as I know they aren't toxic...where did you hear this?

Peppers are good for them! Prinny adores hers...

Dani

Post by Guest »

I thought I read that tomatos were toxic on this site somewhere in the past. Is this not true?
kimtoo

Post by kimtoo »

to the best of my knowledge it is the foilage only that is toxic...tomatoes are a nightshade plant, the fruit is okay, green parts are not. by all means check it out but this is the infi i have and my fids love tomatoes...
Donna

Post by Donna »

I have a Birds USA mag. in front of me and on page 32 kitchen creations there is a pasta salad with tomatoes in it. I'm thinking tomatoes are save and so are peppers w/seeds. Hope this eases your mind a little.

Donna

Post by Guest »

Thanks guys, I appreciate your info. Hope I didn't cause any alarm.
Donna

Post by Donna »

Nope... Better to be safe then sorry :D

Donna
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

No prob! As Donna said better safe than sorry...especially when it comes to our beloved fids...

Dani
xo Missi

Post by xo Missi »

I have been told that tomatoes aren't the greatest because they have so much acid in them (like oranges) but are by no means toxic! Just my lil input :D
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Just when you think you know every way in the world to protect your babies...

:(

Didnt know this. Baby eats my tomatoes from my burgers because I dont like them if not fresh.

Bad mommie.
~ Mikaela Sky