Oh dear lord...male dancing???

Moderator: Mods

Dani03

Oh dear lord...male dancing???

Post by Dani03 »

Hey guys...well Prinny is freaking me out tonight...she is on her perch doing the male dancing...I have never seen this behaviour in her...

Could 'she' be a 'he'???

My lord she looks like a girl and the DNA test said she was a girl but now this...

She goes back and forth, doing the little wing flapping, and bobbing...it's really weirding me out...looks spot on to all those vids of male dancing.

Could anyone describe to me the typical male behaviours? I never thought to check those out...since she came back as a she...I have no idea where my camera is in this mess or I'd get a vid of her doing it...I know some females, when exposed to males, will dance but Prinny???

oh WHY can't they make those tests fail proof?!?!

Dani
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Hey Punkin:

I have better video of the male dance but this is all I can find now.

Does she walk, then stand real tall, pin and spread her wings? Thats pretty much the male dance. While walking, then also tend to scrub their beak on a perch or the ground as they walk.

http://www.dropshots.com/day.php?userid ... ime=174720

This is a lame example but I will find one where he is workin' it daddy :!:
~ Mikaela Sky

iaowings

Post by iaowings »

Oh that is too funny when Baby trips in the first one. He does the I hope no one saw that, ill just act like I meant to put my beak down here.
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

:lol:

I know! He thinks he is so cool. He was like, I didnt slip, meant to do that'. :lol:
~ Mikaela Sky

angie

Post by angie »

Here are the ones i have of Kai and Jordan

Jordan dancing around Kai

Kai dancing around the bird stand leg:-

Jordan displaying at Brinly:-

Kai dancing around his banana's, I think its B1 *giggle*:-

Kai walking/hopping along his stand tapping with his beak:-

This last one is not Jordan with Kai.. lol.. its my Wild Lutino Female (Mickey) I paired up with my Kai. This will show you the head back squeaking a female will do:-

Hope it helps !
angie

Plus Mickey and Mallory (now placed in a new home as a breeder) the wild females, Mickey is now paired with Kai and they are about to be parronts.
Mattls

Post by Mattls »

Angie,

Those videos are cool! At what stage did you put Brindy and Jordan out together? We'd love to introduce Sunni to our budgie Zari but are a bit worried.

Thanks!
angie

Post by angie »

as soon as we got brinly and the 4 week quarantine was over .. with very close monitoring and discipline but also leaving them a little to find their own pecking order and learn eachothers boundaries. Now they get along quite well.

We have a birdroom and all the birds are free to play and fly anywhere in the birdroom. It takes a few months of monitoring after a new bird but eventually they find their place.

Note: if we are going to leave the house all birds are locked up. There must be a level of monitoring at ALL times with any birds no matter how well they get along.
angie

Plus Mickey and Mallory (now placed in a new home as a breeder) the wild females, Mickey is now paired with Kai and they are about to be parronts.
Mattls

Post by Mattls »

angie,

Are brindy or jordan clipped?

Cheers
angie

Post by angie »

Yes darling they were at that stage. Jordan is still clipped, but brinly has his flight back now. When budgies are clipped they still have enough flight to get around, just not get good lift.
angie

Xenobia

Post by Xenobia »

angie

Post by angie »

awww! what a beautiful boy Busey is and what a very active little dancer. :D
angie

xo Missi

Post by xo Missi »

Wow these videos are something else! CUUUTE!! OMG craving for another irn from moderate to HIGH now :shock:
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

Thanks guys...Busey is something else! What a cutie...and Kai is a very handsome little guy.

Missi...there's always rooms for one more fid :wink:

Dani
xo Missi

Post by xo Missi »

Dani03 wrote:Thanks guys...Busey is something else! What a cutie...and Kai is a very handsome little guy.

Missi...there's always rooms for one more fid :wink:

Dani

But may I have 2 more? I want an Alexendrine as well!! :roll:
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

Trust me Missi...I have always wanted an alex...one of these days...

Ok so there's room for one more fid after the next one... :wink:

Dani